Our client, based in Mayfair, is a successful multi-family office that specialises in real estate investment and advisory work.
They carry out a number of strategies, including real estate bridge and development financing, direct real estate investment and development.
They are looking for an Underwriting Manager to join their team based in person Mayfair.
The ideal candidate will have worked for a lending business (bank / alternative finance / hedge fund) and been the direct interface with credible borrowers.
- originate direct to borrower lending opportunities (£25 – £100m net loan) that meet internal lending criteria, ideally with existing network from work previously
- borrower including regional and sub regional developers, and private equity sponsors
- value commercial and residential properties by applying expert knowledge and awareness of the UK property market
- assess the impact of a major development in terms of economic viability
- visit sites at all stages of development, from green field to foundations and completed buildings
- write detailed internal reports on property for purposes such as rent reviews, investment potential, appraisals for credit committee and other purposes
- negotiate with confidence, orally and in writing, on issues such as rents
- instruct estate agents to sell and buy properties and sites on behalf of clients
- have knowledge of appropriate law for landlord and tenant negotiations and enforce health and safety regulations
- assess properties for business rates, capital taxation, acquisitions and disposals
- advise credit committee on the purchase and sale of individual investments (if you specialise in investment)
- work closely with other professionals such as highways and structural engineers, town planners and architects, in considering new developments (if you specialise in development).
You’ll need to show:
- enthusiasm and commitment for the surveying profession
- good oral and written communication
- excellent interpersonal skills
- negotiation skills
- strong numeracy skills
- readiness to take responsibility and act on your own initiative
- the ability to work as part of a team
- the ability to remain calm under pressure
- you have confidence in your own judgement
- the ability to develop and maintain a network of professional contacts
- experience of surveying a site, a building under construction or residential property