Our client, based in Mayfair, is a successful multi-family office that specialises in real estate investment and advisory work. They carry out a number of strategies, including real estate bridge and development financing, direct real estate investment and development. They are looking for an Underwriter with a strong background of underwriting Development Finance deals to join their growing team.
The Underwriter will be primarily involved in underwriting of real estate-backed development finance transactions, undertaking post-disbursement credit monitoring functions and liaising with BDMs and borrowers to gather transaction related information.
- Analyse, underwrite and prepare a detailed credit paper for a variety of residential real estate secured development facilities, including revolving lines of credit, term loans and other structures.
- Review project monitor and valuation reports, challenge the valuation where necessary and undertake basic market due diligence exercises.
- Liaise with brokers and BDMs to gather information required for the underwriting process.
- Review KYC documents and ensure compliance requirements are met.
- Undertake post-disbursement monitoring functions to ensure compliance of loan covenants.
- Prepare, organise and track loan covenant compliance checklists, and interrogate drawdown requests.
- Manage expectations and deadlines whilst providing an excellent service that encourages repeat business.
- Prepare and organise minutes and reports for Credit Committee.
- Undertake ad-hoc administrative functions.
Qualifications / Experience required:
- Excellent organisational skills and analytical experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and evolving market and workplace.
- Familiarity with reviewing valuation reports, project monitor reports, development appraisals and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to write credit papers.