Join a Revolutionary and Innovative Nuclear Energy Company
Location – Manchester or Gloucester
- Ground-breaking Mission: Be a part of revolutionising the nuclear energy industry and creating a positive impact on the world.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: Work with an innovative team, harnessing advanced technologies to shape the future of nuclear energy.
- Global Impact: Contribute to a greener, emissions-free world, and make a difference in mitigating climate change.
- Salary: Very Competitive (negotiable and dependent on experience)
- Additional Benefits: Includes stock allocations and medical insurance among others
- Company: Progressive and innovative company working to improve our future energy generation
- Hybrid Working: The role can be based in Manchester or Gloucester with an expectation of 3 days a week attendance in the office. Homeworking and Flexible working available.
In the framework of their LFR projects in France and UK, our client is looking for nuclear system thermal-hydraulics analysts to perform studies in support of reactor design and safety assessment.
You will be part of the Engineering Department, particularly of the Plant Thermal Hydraulics Unit. You will closely collaborate with the other Engineering units as well as with the other scientific departments.
As a Thermal-Hydraulics Analyst, you will be responsible for execution (and possibly the coordination) of technical studies, the follow-up of externalized activities, the drafting of project deliverables, the reporting of costs and schedules.
- Conceptualizing, modelling, and analysing thermal hydraulic systems, with particular emphasis on steady-state and transient modelling of nuclear reactor primary and secondary cooling systems.
- Performing code validation and benchmarking activities, and helping identifying validation gaps and R&D needs.
- Performing engineering analysis, which can include thermal, fluid, safety, manufacturability, and costs.
- Collaborating cross-functionally to define design requirements, and providing technical feedback to quick-iterating design teams.
- Drafting and reviewing project deliverables, such as calculation notes, design specifications, technical reports, etc.
- To perform such tasks, you will be working in close collaboration with the other engineering units (such as R&D Thermal-Hydraulics, Mechanical Design, Power Generation, Safety and Licensing, etc.) as well as with the Codes & Methods team.
Attributes/ Experience Required:
- Strong interest in nuclear engineering and development of the fourth generation of reactor technologies.
- Strong background in fluid mechanics and heat transfer in general, and in nuclear reactor thermal hydraulics in particular.
- Sound knowledge of nuclear reactor safety principles.
- Demonstrable experience in TH design and/or safety analysis of nuclear reactors; this implies strong skills in the use of system TH computer codes such as RELAP, TRACE, CATHARE, ATHLET, etc.
- Well appreciated plusses.
- Background in technology of liquid metals.
- Knowledge of other simulation tools such as neutron kinetics codes, CFD codes, severe accident codes, etc.
- MSc degree, or an equivalent level of experience in relevant domains (nuclear engineering, mechanical engineering, etc.)