Simpson Booth are proud to support our Client, one of Europe’s largest and most innovative Automotive Retailers, with the recruitment of an enthusiastic and collaborative Test Engineer.
This is a full-time, permanent staff opportunity and will play a critical role in ensuring this company remains ahead of the curve regarding the digital evolution of the automotive industry. Working from home flexibility (hybrid work, mostly from home but the right candidate should commute to the office 1 or 2 times every 2 weeks, HQ is based in Glasgow) and flexible working hours are associated with this opportunity.
You will be key to achieving our client’s vision of creating market-leading digital products that will put them at the forefront of retailing. Placing their customers at the heart of everything they do, you will transform their customer’s experience and drive their business forward.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in some exciting and high-profile projects, working alongside a team of genuinely talented and passionate people who are focused on doing things ‘the right way’. Our client looking for individuals who are excited by the prospect of working every day on challenging problems, while collaborating and exchanging knowledge with other members of the team.
About the company
Our client works in product-based squads using the latest technologies, patterns, and approaches: Containerised .Net Core micro-services, React front-ends, Terraform and cloud-hosted PaaS, orchestrated using Kubernetes, and UI and API testing with Selenium, Cypress, BrowserStack, Postman, Swagger, and NodeJS.
They are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. They strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. Our client cares about their employees and their communities, they nurture talent and encourage ambition, and they are passionate about people who take pride in their work. Our client’s employees are at the heart of everything they do – diverse in their make-up, united in their goals. To that end they offer an exciting package which includes:
- Highly competitive salary
- Flexible hybrid working – work from home or the office, whichever suits you most
- Training and conference funds to keep your skills current
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Generous discounts on vehicle purchases, services, parts, rentals, insurance and more.
When you get here, you will play a huge part in the success of your team. You will:
- Be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of manual and automated test cases against business requirements.
- Enable test teammates through collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Contribute to the wider test architecture and strategy.
- Be fully engaged within the test community.
- Be instrumental in actively promoting the benefits of test within your product squad.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, and influencing skills
- Excellent manual testing skills – web, mobile and mobile apps testing including multi-
device and cross-platform consistency
- Demonstrable UI and API test automation skills with Selenium and Cypress
- Proven experience of test planning including approach, design, and estimation
- Strong analytical skills to review and validate requirements and technical specifications while developing and executing test plans
- Experience and an understanding of Agile methodologies and practices
- Additionally, while not essential, we think the following would be a bonus:
- Experience and understanding of DevOps practices, such as continuous integration for test automation
- The ability to support, design, develop, and enhance test processes and report for QA processes
- Experience or an interest in creating or contributing to technical articles published on internal sites and/or for technical publications