Our client is an industry leading advisor and standards champion working in the offshore marine construction industry worldwide.
The post holder has overall responsibility for the technical staff and is the general manager of the organisation. The position is based in the London office and deputises on occasion for the CEO.
- Responsible for the technical strategy and output of the organisation by driving the technical programme, including committees and workgroups, seminars, meetings, and other events.
- Promote the company’s technical guidance and documentation.
- Interact with other relevant external organisations including regulators, trade associations, professional bodies and others to represent and influence decisions affecting the industry
- Direct oversight of the Technical Managers, Technical Advisers, and Support Groups
- Monitor regulatory and technical developments which may affect the industry.
- Support the CEO in the delivery of the organisations goals and objectives.
- Operate within the organisations code of practice, business policies, and quality management system.
- Maintain the organisation’s key values values
- Ensure the company’s health, safety and security practices are adhered to by all others in the company
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline, preferably a chartered engineer.
- Significant experience of international offshore construction (technology, operations, projects) with leading contractors
- A background as a project engineer and project manager in the offshore construction industry. Strong management experience of running technical teams and projects.
- Industry visibility and gravitas
- Leadership and management skills – able to successfully apply a situational approach to leadership
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbally and written
- Efficiently deliver work that is technically correct, logical and well argued
- Ability to represent the organisation with authority and stature
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to be able to work with groups of various expertise and seniority
- Well-tuned political nous, exercising discretion and confidentiality on sensitive matters.
- Adept in influencing, negotiating, and persuading a varied group of stakeholders
- Well-developed strategic thinking skills
- A resilient change champion – able to drive change to improve organisational efficiency and effectiveness even when this requires running against the grain of established opinion.