Simpson Booth are working with a global subsea & offshore engineering company to help them find a Lead SCM Engineer for their SW London Office.
Job title: Lead Supply Chain Management Engineer
Location: South West London
Duration: 6 to 12 months contract
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
- The Lead SCM Specialist is responsible for the operational implementation of one or more
- elements of the SCM strategy to their defined business area. They will be responsible for
- developing and implementing their own, local plans and ongoing improvements to support the
- global SCM aims and to contribute to a highly efficient, cost driven Supply Chain function.
- In a project, the SCM Lead will be the owner of a complex subcontract or PO by managing all
- aspect of the contract and coordinating all engineering issues related to the product to deliver, in
- line with the project SCM strategy.
- All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and
- ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices. All personnel are
- expected to provide leadership in code of Ethics and compliance with FCPA and Bribery and
- Corruption Acts.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Ensure compliance with all Supply Chain policies, process, and procedures.
- Proactively contribute to the project definition of SCM strategies and goals and the achievement of these.
- Ensure highly effective implementation of the sourcing strategy for the assigned business area
- via business partnering initiatives, knowledge, and expertise.
- Manage the process and stake holders relevant to the specific role, including internal challenges and support to client negotiation.
- Accountable from the issuance of the RFQ, the selection, management and monitoring of suppliers, up to the product or service delivery to the end user.
- Coordinate and/or perform commercial and contractual analysis, schedule evaluation of bids, and incorporate technical evaluation from Engineering, QA, QC & HSE.
- Finalise the bid summary and make recommendations to the Project SCM Manager for technically acceptable solutions.
- Report according to project requirement, on progress and problems on the Awards.
- Manage commercial and financial issues arising from his/her assigned subcontract or Purchase order-negotiate all Variation/change Orders and provide regular cost forecast of PO/subcontract.
- Ensure SCM capitalises from lessons learned and is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently.
- Take full ownership for the implementation of his/her section of the Project Procurement Plan, together with Project Management, Engineering (and/or others as appropriate and applicable)
- Support the development of the local Supply Chain Function through guidance and coaching to more junior members of the team.
- Have a good understanding of the overall technical issue and a good knowledge of the offshore industry, of its specificities, of complex items and provide support to his team as and when necessary.
- Degree in a relevant discipline (Engineering or Business) or qualified by experience.
- Appropriate experience in a one or more of the Supply Chain areas of expertise, most recently in an expert capacity.
- Strong leadership and ability to coach and guide more junior colleagues.