Position: Supply Chain & Logistics Manager
Reporting To: Supply & Logistics Director
We are seeking a driven and passionate Supply Chain & Logistics Manager to lead on operational strategy to ensure product availability, supply chain and logistics efficiencies whilst upholding profitable margins.
Major Job Responsibilities:
The below is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Health, Safety & Environment
- You have a duty to take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your actions at work.
- You will carry out assigned tasks and duties in a safe manner, in accordance with instructions, and comply with all Health, Safety & Environmental rules, policy, procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
- You must also co-operate with management and co-workers to help everyone meet their legal obligations.
- Ensure that you follow any instructions or health, safety & environmental training the company provides and report any hazards, injuries or ill health that present a serious and imminent risk.
- Ensure that you follow any instructions or health, safety & environmental training provided by the company and report any hazards, injuries or ill health that present a serious and imminent risk and inform your line manager about any shortcomings you identify within your health and safety arrangements.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Managing appropriate inventory levels at HQ plus additional production sites
- Ensuring supplier and vendor plan is in place and delivered.
- Purchase/source high-quality goods and services in an international setting.
- Develop and maintain governance and processes across all of procurement and logistic activities.
- Responsible for ordering and import/export for all products.
- You will lead a team of Stock Control and Procurement Specialists.
Job Specific Education Required:
- CIPS qualification desirable but not essential
Work Experience Required:
- Minimum of 5 years previous experience at Supply Chain Manager/ Logistics Manager level
- You will be a natural leader, be self-motivated and hands-on with previous exposure to working within an international organisation.
Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Proven experience in procuring goods and or services in an international setting.
- Strong negotiation skills with a track record of achieving cost savings and securing favorable contractual terms for product procurement.
- Strong communication skills to build and maintain business relationships with suppliers, vendors, and internal stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that offers a high degree of responsibility, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Solid organisational and leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and guide a team of Stock Control and Procurement Specialists.
- Proficient in systems, and technologies in-order to drive innovation, streamlining, and value-creation within the work environment.
- SAP experience is preferable or other MRP system experience.
The requirement to travel % of time:
- Some occasional business travel.