Our client are a leading Civil Engineering and Building company delivering high quality construction projects across the UK and Ireland. They have an excellent reputation for investing in our people, a rewarding working environment and a highly competitive benefits package.
Due to continuing success and growth of their Civil Engineering team, they have a fantastic new opportunity for a Civils Site Engineer. Working on a major water infrastructure framework in England, you will play a key role within the team through programme management, subcontractor management and client engagement. There will be the opportunity to continue to develop professionally with the support of the Framework team.
- Reading, interpretation and providing clear communication of construction drawings on site for layouts, material measurements etc.
- Ensuring that the setting out is accurate, providing precise lines, levels, and reference points on site.
- Effectively influencing the progress on sites and ensuring programme deadlines are met.
- Ensuring the requirements as specified by client and senior management are met.
- Developing effective relationships and dealing with clients and subcontractors.
- Working closely with the Site Manager to ensure that the Quality, Environmental and Health & Safety aspects of the work are adhered to during your project phase on site.
- Continually developing your knowledge in the industry, communicating and implementing best practice guidance to line managers and relevant staff.
- Maintain Integrated Management System (IMS) requirements, procedures and policies.
- To undertake any other duties as allocated.
Experience & Skills Required
- A degree in Civil Engineering/Construction or other industry related qualification with 3-4 years relevant experience.
- Numeracy and IT skills including MS Office, Word and Excel.
- A full driving licence and relevant site cards.
- Ability to closely collaborate with other project stakeholders
- Must be able to use their own initiative, taking accountability and responsibility for a project from start to finish.
- Deadline driven, instilling motivation in the team to hit key targets.
Optional Skills & Experience
- Experience within the water or utilities sector would be advantageous.
Key Points & Benefits
- Permanent Role
- £35,000- £40,000 salary dependant on experience
- Company vehicle with fuel allowance
- Company mobile phone
- Life Assurance
You will develop professionally and personally as a successful Graduate Site Engineer with an established Company that provides steady and ongoing projects in this area.