Our client, a global energy business is looking for a Senior Well Engineer to sit within the Well Delivery function. This is a contract role based out of their office in central London.
The Senior Well Engineer is responsible for well planning, design, and programming and for providing engineering support during execution of the drilling campaign. The role reports into the Well Engineering Manager.
- Prepare all well documentation including the Basis for Well Design, conceptual and detailed design documents, risk registers, time and cost estimates for AFE creation, Drilling Programmes and contingency plans.
- Protection of the Environment, Health and Safety in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Specify and select all equipment to meet the well needs in compliance with company standards and subsurface and asset objectives
- Ensure integrity and compliance of drilling, P&A and workover designs and programmes with all applicable legislation and Company standards.
- Work in a manner which ensures good, open communication and collaboration, promoting a culture of involvement and participation by all parties concerned
- Provide technical engineering support during operations (e.g., to Field Superintendent).
- Monitor and measure well performance to identify and implement performance improvement initiatives and monitor their effectiveness.
- Effective liaison and communication with all applicable parties involved in drilling and workover programmes e.g. Well Delivery peers, subsurface, subcontractors.
- Monitor service delivery performance of assigned drilling contracts
- Maintain Well Delivery project plans in coordination with the Project Execution Plan and contribute to weekly and monthly reports.
- Prepare the final well report include performance and lessons learnt analysis
- Prepare and coordinate workshops and milestone meetings in accordance with Well Delivery Process
- Manage drilling documentation and data in line with Company policy
- Provide Well Delivery duty cover as required
- Support Well Delivery service and equipment tender process including preparation of scope of work and technical evaluation of submitted Tenders
- Research and promotion of innovative and best practice techniques to optimise well construction performance
- A BSc / BEng Degree in an Engineering discipline, Master Degree preferred
- Hold a valid Well Control Certificate (IWCF Level 4 or equivalent)
- A rigorous understanding of Well Engineering technical principles
- Technical confidence and independence to progress tasks with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with API, OGUK, NORSOK, AER and other recognized industry standards & recommended practices would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of regulations applicable to the Oil and Gas Industry in Mozambique would be an advantage
- Proficient user of Landmark Suite or equivalent well engineering software
- Proficient user of P1 or equivalent probabilistic well cost estimating software
- Extensive upstream petroleum industry experience; well engineering experience essential, but also knowledge of production, geology, reservoir engineer disciplines desirable.
- Understanding of commercial drivers and impact of well engineering activities on field development economics and understanding of geological and petroleum engineering priorities.
- Operational experience in completions, testing and workovers would be an advantage
- Experience in developing and tracking well budgets and driving cost optimisation.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Experience of operations in diverse environments including onshore, offshore, remote and harsh environment locations with challenging logistical issues
- Experience of a wide range of well engineering activities including the planning and execution of different well designs; exploration, appraisal, development, land, surface, subsea, deviated, horizontal and multi-lateral.
- Planning and operational experience of exploration and development drilling projects in remote and developing African countries
- Prior experience in a start-up operation in a fast paced and growth-focused organization would be an advantage
- Proven track record of consistently delivering well campaigns within Budget, Schedule, SHE and Quality targets.