About the job
Hybrid: 50% from office / 50% from home (potential to flex to just 1 day in the office per week)
Our Client is dedicated to revolutionising the digital financial futures of all generations, across the world. Our Client is one of this era’s fastest growing fintech companies and is focused on developing high quality software that delivers the best value for their customers. With a clean and simple approach to code, and a culture of constant adaption and evolution to suit the newest tech emerging onto the market at the moment, our Client is growing at an exciting pace, and is now seeking Senior React Engineers to add expertise and value to their newly developed teams.
They are seeking someone ideally proficient with React, JS or TypeScript, OOP and TDD practises, and Agile working. However, our client has teams that are transitioning from Ember to React, so someone that has worked with Ember or is keen to pick up Ember and within a year, move to React, would be a great fit for these teams. They can even consider someone who would like to learn React if you are happy to work with Ember in the first instance.
Are you someone who has a passion for frontend development and is looking to play an important role in an amazing team and to grow your skills?
Do you want to work in an organisation where you are empowered to put forward your innovative new ideas?
Our Client is seeking a Senior Front-End Engineer to join their growing team, with a commercial background in crafting and developing applications.
Role and responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Develop new user-facing features using React
- Engineer a better code base with your team
- Be part of an 7-10 person agile engineering team, part of a wider Engineering organisation
- Work on tickets assigned to you, this includes writing code and specs (tests) and checking that new code passes other test coverage
- Directly engaged in projects and work alongside Product Owners, Principal Engineers, UX and Architects along with the Engineering team
- Review Pull Requests from other developers and provide feedback
- Work in a collaborative, agile team environment that is continuous improvement
- Help mentor and coach members of the team to deliver quality code
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Proven commercial experience with front end frameworks
- Experience writing unit, acceptance and end to end tests
- Enjoy working within Agile teams (Kanban or Scrum)
- Understanding of relational database (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Understanding of UX principles
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming, REST and MVC frameworks
- Previous experience working in a company that has recently scaled up is useful, but not essential
- Most importantly, a desire to learn, grow, working with an amazing team and deliver software
- We offer competitive salaries, great colleagues and excellent benefits, including:
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays. One extra day holiday after two years and then every year up to 30 days holiday
- Pension scheme using salary sacrifice, Client will match your contributions up to 5% of your salary
- £500 personal training budget every year to spend on courses or conferences or training materials
- Health insurance with Equipsme, including Dental, Eyecare and EAP
- Death in service with Unum (4xbase salary)
- Access to PerkBox
- Enhanced maternity and paternity (maternity – 6 months fully paid/paternity – 3 weeks fully paid)
- Five week sabbatical after five years employment
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Massage twice a month (only £5 for all employees) with the money going to Client’s chosen charity
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks
Some exciting aspects of their engineering practices are:
- They use contemporary tools such as AWS, GitHub, Semaphore CI, Datadog, Docker, Kubernetes, to name a few.
- They are able to maintain at least 96% test coverage of our application through collaboration and strong code review practices, meaning we can focus on features rather than bug fixing.
- Their team is passionate about OOP, TDD and DDD.
- They ship software continuously, releasing new features to production up to 30 times a day.
- They follow Agile practices and have a strong DevOps culture in place.
- They have great internal mobility, meaning that they are able to give you exposure to the aspects that you would like to improve on or learn about. Progression and development are key!
- They believe in diversity and inclusion, in and out.
- They empower their engineers to propose new ideas. For instance, they run hackathons where in 24 hours anyone can build and present new ways of thinking to the senior management team – most of these ideas are implemented and in production today.