Position: Senior React Engineer – Innovation Team
Our Client is one of the UK’s leading and fastest growing fintech companies. They are looking for a Senior React Engineer to join their newly created “Innovation Team” and to lead on exploratory works and pioneering new projects. This is a permanent staff role, based in our Client’s central London HQ (post COVID), with work-from-home flexibility offered.
State-of-the-art, evolving technology, clean code, collaboration and diversity is at the core of this organisation’s user-centric culture. If you are looking for a company to embrace your innovative ideas in a welcoming and collaborative environment, then this is the place to do it! They are
excited about evolving dynamically to stay at the forefront of the latest technology, and even more excited about cultivating a diverse workforce of passionate people eager to progress and grow (alongside their own rapid growth!)
Role and responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following;
- Deliver small projects across a range of initiatives from boosting user engagement to internal business tooling.
- Engineer a better code base with your teams, and help them improve
- Partner with the Engineering team to deliver new projects
- Work within a smaller 8-10 person agile engineering team, part of a wider Engineering organisation
- Work on tickets assigned to you, this includes writing code and specs (tests) and checking that new code passes other test coverage
- Review pull requests from other developers
- Work in a collaborative, agile team environment
- Mentor junior developers
- Directly report to a Tech Lead who will help mentor you and guide your career
Knowledge and Experience required
- Experience with React component libraries (our client use Chakra UI)
- Excellent verbal interpersonal skills – we are looking for people who are engaging and bring ideas to the table.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and GraphQL based API’s would be useful (but not a deal-breaker).
- Most importantly, a desire to teach, learn, grow and deliver software.
Due to the high levels of interest in our advertised vacancies and the number of applications we receive, Simpson Booth regrets that it is not possible to respond to all submissions. If you have not heard from Simpson Booth regarding your application within 14 days please assume that, in this instance, you have been unsuccessful.