£40,000 – £50,000 + benefits
Hybrid Location: 50% from Central London office / 50% from home
Our Client is one of the UK’s fastest growing Fintech companies, and pioneers in leveraging the newest technology to transform how all generations interact with their financial savings, globally. They have embarked on a tremendously ambitious growth project and are creating brand new teams across London and Poland – and are now seeking Senior QA Engineers to join them in either their brand new central London office. This Client have won multiple awards including Top 15 Tech places to work in the UK, Top 25 Best Places to Work Culturally in the UK, among many more!
You will join an agile and diverse, collaborative team. This role is incredibly important and will help manage the team’s responsibility towards quality in our Client’s codebase before it is delivered to their production environment for their clients to use. Your quality assurance experience will be used to guide team decisions about if new code should be shipped or not. You will become an integral part of the development process as the engineering team will look to you to ensure that the application is fit for purpose. Our Client is seeking someone with a shift left mentality, focused on QA rather than simple testing. Ideally, you will have collaborated with Product Owners and BA’s in the past, and you will have been involved in the feature/product planning phase in SDLC. Preference will be given to candidates who have worked with JIRA, Postman, Cypress and are focused on manual testing more than automation.
Role and responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Lead testing approaches for features and projects
- Ensure new features are in sizeable, easily testable chunks
- Work closely with the full team in order to refine all tickets with acceptance criteria and test criteria
- Design tickets in a way so that anybody in the team is able to test them
- Move responsibility of testing away from a QA bottleneck to encourage a whole team ownership of the release of features to production
- Drives getting a feature from the backlog to production
- Work in an agile environment delivering to production daily
- Demonstrate experience in coaching/mentoring other engineers
- Continuously improving, from your own self learning to company wide processes
- Collaborate with the team and the QA Practice to improve processes and make sure the highest quality of code reaches production
- Work across multiple teams within the same domain
- Influence and guide your team on quality related subjects
- Coach/mentor other QAs within the community
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Here are a few skills that we feel would make you successful in the role, but please do not be put off from applying if you do not have every single one of them:
- Self-driven, good communication, proud of your work, and a team player.
- Willing to learn and grow within a fast paced environment.
- Agile experience in the end to end test cycle.
- 5+ years of testing experience and/or relevant qualifications.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with an interest in technology.
Desired but not essential skills:
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays. One extra day holiday after two years and then every year up to 30 days holiday
- Pension scheme using salary sacrifice, Client will match your contributions up to 5% of your salary
- £500 personal training budget every year to spend on courses or conferences or training materials
- Health insurance with Equipsme, including Dental, Eyecare and EAP
- Death in service with Unum (4xbase salary)
- Access to PerkBox
- Enhanced maternity and paternity (maternity – 6 months fully paid/paternity – 3 weeks fully paid)
- Five week sabbatical after five years employment
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Massage twice a month (only £5 for all employees) with the money going to Client’s chosen charity
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks