Overview of the Role:
Are you ready to take on a challenging and rewarding role at the forefront of nuclear innovation? Join our dynamic team as a Senior Process Engineer and contribute to the design and development of cutting-edge nuclear island plant designs for our lead-cooled fast reactor (LFR-AS-30). As a key member of the Global Engineering Team, you will be accountable for delivering various activities under the guidance of the Head of Plant Engineering Design.
Embark on a rewarding career as a Senior Process Engineer in the vibrant city of Manchester. This full-time, permanent position offers a hybrid work arrangement, providing flexibility for a dynamic work-life balance. We offer a highly competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits package and share options, ensuring that your dedication and expertise are duly recognized and rewarded.
Main Duties/Role and Responsibilities:
- Support the design of process systems, including lead management system, auxiliary system, and Steam Generator within the Nuclear Island.
- Prioritize key requirements throughout the design phases (concept, basic, detailed).
- Integrate designs within a multi-disciplinary global design team and multi-stakeholder environment.
- Lead a single-disciplinary engineering team.
- Deliver designs meeting construction, commissioning, and operational/maintenance requirements.
- Work on constructability and modular requirements, including value engineering to meet cost plans.
- Undertake technical activities related to the task/project effectively and efficiently.
- Conduct feasibility studies, requirement setting, and optioneering.
- Lead and perform process descriptions, mass and activity balances, P&IDs, and data sheets.
- Define protection criteria and size protective devices, such as pressure release valves and depressurization devices.
- Assume responsibility for the quality of relevant process engineering outputs, adherence to standards and legislation, and regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Support the global engineering team in overall design optimization, considering cost, schedule, constructability, and modularization.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Bachelor (Hons) degree level or equivalent in Engineering, Science, or equivalent, or significant relevant industry experience.
- Preferably Chartered or working towards Chartered status with a professional engineering body or equivalent.
- Experience in developing process systems, preferably in a new-build nuclear context.
- Proven experience in writing and presenting technical documentation.
- Previous ONR/ASN Regulatory engagement experience for the chosen technical discipline.
- Demonstrable record of delivering nuclear designs against requirements, DSPs, ALARP, BAT, and other industry principles/standards.
- Proactive team-working decision-maker, self-starter, and problem solver.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge/experience in supporting the design process.
- Always strives to provide fit-for-purpose solutions.
- Capable of ensuring the principles of optimization are incorporated into the design.
- Ability to manage Customer/Supplier relationships in the sphere of his/her job duties.