Senior Pre-Commissioning Engineer – Oil & Gas services business – Sutton, London – Contract role.
Our client is looking for a Senior Pre-Commissioning Engineer to join the Engineering team based in Sutton for undetermined period of time. Reporting functionally to the Pre-commissioning Engineering Discipline manager and operationally to the Project Technical Manager or Tender Technical Manager, the Senior Pre-Commissioning engineer will provide Pre-Commissioning Engineering expertise to ongoing projects, FEED and tenders.
- Tender and/or projects
- Understand client needs and drivers.
- Understand contract structure and split and limits of responsibilities between the various stakeholders.
- Identify the resources required for each project/tender.
- Contribute to project/tender Engineering reviews on all subjects associated to (or at the interface with), the pre-commissioning and commissioning scope.
- Responsible for technical proposal and evaluation of efficient and cost-effective solutions for the projects/tenders. Investigate/introduce new technologies to improve schedules, lower costs and increase safety.
- Investigate or develop in-house solutions vs subcontractor solutions when cost effective.
- Produce pre-commissioning philosophies/scope of supply documents to define the various work-scope.
- Produce specification and requisitions for the design and /or selection of all consumable, tools, pigging and testing heads, installation aids required for the execution of the pre-commissioning scope of work.
- Responsible for the appraisal and follow-up of sub-contractors.
- Participate in HAZIDS/HIRAs, design reviews and supplier audits and make relevant recommendations.
Responsible for the Technical interface:
- With Other engineering disciplines, pipeline group, Supply chain, estimating and operation department. This includes the identification and reporting to Project/tender Management of any gaps that may impact the correct execution of the scope of work.
- With alliance partners OSS for the subsea connections equipment (required for the pre-commissioning of flowlines and umbilical network) as well as specific SPS pre-commissioning and commissioning requirements.
- With the Client and Third parties. This includes clear definition of responsibilities when activities are planned onboard third parties vessel or platforms. This includes the identification and reporting to Project Management of any gaps that may impact the correct execution of the scope of work.
- In close relation with operation manager, built, follow, revise along the execution/tender phase the pre-commissioning execution schedule.
Specific to Tenders
- Responsible to prepare, justify, raise and follow clarifications.
- Responsible to identify and justify risks and opportunities.
- Responsible for equipment priced databook.
- In close relationship with supply chain and estimating, highly contribute to the built up of the tender pre-commissioning commercial proposal (bid comp + priced databook + other) with optimized scenario for spreads and personnel.
Specific to Projects
Package management of the Pre-commissioning subcontractors and suppliers:
- In close relationship with supply chain, prepare and raise all purchase orders related to the execution of the pre-commissioning scope. This includes pre-commissioning services subcontract and all other supply required (PLRs, consumable, installation aids and tools).
- Responsible for the appraisal and follow-up of sub-contractors
- Prepare and follow-up of Master Document Register and Subcontrator Document Register within project.
- Tracking of variation orders.
- Supervise pre-commissioning engineering deliverables including internal, subcontractor or supplier deliverables.
- Review and sign off all pre-commissioning procedures.
- Participate and coordinate specific trials and offshore/onshore operations, as required
- Witness function testing of supplier equipment.
- Supervise the implementation, revision, follow up of the overall equipment mobilization lists and insure delivery on site as per schedule.
- Onsite management of 3rd party subcontractors at company fabrication sites and offshore vessels as required.
- In close relation with supply chain: invoice follow up
- Oversee the work, plan and manage other engineers working on the pre-commissioning scope (more junior pre-commissioning engineers or other discipline engineers working on subjects related to pre-commissioning scope).
- Prepare, follow up, revise as required in line with Project Management (Engineering, Operation, Package managers) project specific pre-com engineer(s) manning including assistance during execution phases (yard and offshore).
CAPABILITY PROFILE – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification and relevant experience in offshore industry.
- Broad experience and expertise in pipeline and umbilical pre-commissioning scopes.
- Experience in managing large project pre-commissioning packages.
- Experience of working onsite and offshore as part of a project team.
- Pre-commissioning cost knowledge and cost driver awareness.
- SURF development contractual and cost awareness.
- Further knowledge is desirable in the following subjects:
•Subsea valves and connection systems,
• Subsea production and control system,
• Operability and flow assurance,
• SPS and SPS pre-commissioning and commissioning,
• System Completion,
• General SURF installation,
• Scheduling / MS project,
• Writing and reporting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Excellent ability to work within a multi-disciplined and multicultural team,
- Shall independently evaluate, organise and prioritise work for self and others in order to meet set deadlines,
- Ability to work within time/budget and strict deadline constraints,
- Articulates views in comprehensive manner,
- Produces work of presentable quality,
- Good organisational skills and smart working methods,
- Ability to convince,
- Demonstrable experience in similar position.
Offshore and Onshore activities follow-up (Africa and Middle East regions) – depending on project ongoing.