Global E&P Operator – Kurdistan, Iraq
12 month contract + extensions1507
Our Client is a global E&P Operator with long term exploration drilling campaigns across a number of land assets. They are now seeking an experienced Drilling Supervisor to join their high-profile project, responsible for supervising all rig-site activities including rig-move, rig-up, drilling, work-over, well evaluation, coiled tubing, testing and abandonment operations. The position provides support and ensures that rig activities are performed in a safe, efficient, technically competent and environmentally responsible manner on a 24 hour basis.
International land drilling operations experience and exposure to harsh and remote environments within international Operators is essential to apply for this position.
Role and responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Supervising rig operations to minimize down time while maximising safety.
- Assists with daily operations meetings at the rig with key personnel to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Ensures that written work instructions for the successful and efficient implementation of the programme are followed.
- Produce accurate daily drilling reports.
- Capture all lessons learned for use in future operations.
- Report any incidents and assist with incident investigation as required.
- Review drilling, completion, test programmes with the Senior Drilling Engineer as required.
- Liaise with Material & Logistics Coordinators to ensure the timely arrival of well equipment and services.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Proven experience to relevant international experience in drilling operations
- Experience of operations in remote / harsh locations with challenging logistical issues
- Land rig experience
- Work experience in Kurdistan / Iraq is an advantage
- High level of competency with well reporting software
- Experience with wellsite cost tracking