Position: Pharma BD Director – Pricing and Market Access
Location: Central London HQ (flexible wfh)
Our Client is a global, rapidly growing, pricing and access company combining state-of-the-art tech and expert consultancy services to help the world’s largest pharma and biotech companies bring their products to market. With a 40% year on year growth and preferred vendor status to the likes of Merck, Pfizer, Novartis, Astellas among others, our client is revolutionising the approach to solving the world’s pricing and access complexities with their unique hybrid consultancy and digital solutions.
The exciting digital business intelligence products our Client have developed truly are game-changing, and are constantly evolving to keep up with the latest technology emerging on the market. Superior to anything else on the market right now, they have combined a portfolio of 2 products to give their clients unparalleled pricing and access insights. By combining expert consultancy with this in-house suite of pioneering technology, business intelligence and data solutions, our client is successfully providing worldclass support helping pharma companies in pricing and market access. Headquartered in a prime and unique central London location, our client is also present across New York, India and is experiencing an exciting period of dynamic growth. They are now looking to grow upon this success with a critical, senior leadership hire – a Senior BD/Sales individual to join their team in a permanent staff capacity.
Our client is seeking an ambitious, self-starting and results-driven individual to join their experienced and diverse team in a permanent staff position. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has experience in selling and generating the revenue of technology and digital products into the pharma and biotech, pricing and market access sector. Our Client are committed to building a strong BD sales function, and you will be joining this function in a position of subject matter expertise and leadership. At the moment, they have an individual working on marketing and sales and are looking at external lead generation providers to increase outreach. As the Client continues to grow and up-scale, there is the foresight for this individual to develop and grow their own sales and BD team of experts. Our client have dedicated delivery and digital product teams, and you will be working closely alongside these teams to deliver a game-changing, world-class, second-to-none solution to existing and to new customers across the world.
Roles and responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following;
- Spearheading the sales and revenue growth of the above pioneering pricing and market access tools
- Nurturing and developing enquiries generated from targeted marketing campaigns into leads and business opportunities
- Working closely alongside multi-disciplined departments including digital product teams, delivery teams, account managers and world-class pricing and market access consultants to provide a pioneering and exciting solution to the world’s leading pharma companies
- Bringing your existing contacts and network and engaging with these regarding our client’s state-of-the-art digital products
- Handling both the inbound opportunities (email campaigns) and proactively generating new business with cold clients
- Progress enquiries into opportunities and leads to close deals
- Leverage contacts and network of existing and new clients, and strategically thinking about how to increase revenue with these individuals
- Build own sales team of BD experts – could lead to line management and coaching responsibilities in future
Knowledge and Experience Required;
- You will have a proven background of generating sales and business revenue for digital products / technology and BI solutions into the pricing and market access arena
- You will have proven expertise and knowledge of selling one of the following product(s) – IQVIA’s “HTA Accelerator” ; DRG’s / Clarivate’s “Context Matters” – recently rebranded to “MAP” tool ; Eversana’s “PriceCentric” tool or similar.
- A solid business development and sales growth career background
- Ideally you will have an existing network of contacts and leads that you can leverage in this role
- Knowledge and experience of the pharmaceutical and biotech pricing and market access sector
- Technically / digitally astute individual with knowledge and interest in new and emerging technologies and the advanced insights they can bring
- Experience of working closely alongside multidisciplined teams (digital product management teams / account managers / PR&MA consultants / senior leadership teams)
- Global exposure – BD experience of selling above tech and digital products to international clients and contacts
- Desirable – experience of hiring, leading, coaching and managing teams of diverse people