Simpson Booth’s client, a rapidly growing fin-tech company in London, are looking for a Senior Agile Coach that is passionate about collaborating with diverse teams across the business to break down complex problems, align to organisation goals, encourage a focus on outcomes and facilitate a fun, learning environment.
The successful candidate will embody an agnostic agile mindset, experimental approach, applying the right mix of support and challenge that empower teams to continuously improve.
What does the role entail?
- Coach UX design and/or non-engineering functions on optimising Agile ways of working, identifying waste, improving feedback loops and flow of value to customers.
- Contribute to our Agile Community of Practice (CoP) re: Lean-Agile principles and practices.
- A coach embedded with a cross functional team of product owners, project management, UX design, engineering managers and other internal stakeholders to facilitate outcomes of discovery and definition phases.
- Facilitate key Team of Teams events, retrospectives, and workshops, e.g., Story mapping, value stream mapping, Scrum of Scrums, Product Alignment; ensure synchronisation between Team of Teams and Team-level agile cadence.
- Maintain a focus on Lean/Kanban metrics, leading and lagging indicators (e.g., Percentile confidence of delivery, WIP aging, lead and cycle time).
- Raise visibility of Team of Team level impediments, risks, and dependencies.
- Support or generate Agile project management reports (e.g., generate Jira queries, planned vs. earned value reports).
- Ensure psychological safety and an engaging space for team collaboration, learning and agility maturity assessments to bring about continuous and measurable improvements.
- Work closely with the Product Delivery Lead to ensure alignment between strategy and execution.
- Potential line management of Agile leads.
- You have an agnostic approach to agility and can pragmatically blend approaches to co-create disciplined and fit-for-purpose Agile ways of working with teams.
- Demonstrated experience leading Agile change/scaling experiments with two or more teams.
- Hands-on experience coaching and supporting Agile teams, a toolkit of practices and techniques to help them address challenges, learn fast and realise growth potential.
- Mid-level experience working with Jira to support Product roadmap artefacts, team boards, JQL queries and workflows. Jira advanced roadmaps and ActionableAgile experience desired but not mandatory.
- Strong analytical skills that enable you to draw insights, collaborate and co-create achievable solutions with people or teams.
- A track record of servant-leadership and collaborating with internal stakeholders across various business areas, at all levels.
- Exceptional soft skills, active listening, outstanding facilitation, and situational awareness. You take the time to understand the context and establish a common understanding whilst remaining open-minded.
- Experience employing facilitation tools and techniques such as: Management 3.0, liberating structures, 4 C’s, online collaboration tools (e.g., Mural).
- Able to engage the wider organisation via presentations, lunch and learns or other formats.
- You have been a practitioner (Product owner, Scrum master, UX designer), and preferably certified by one or more of the following organisations: ICAgile, PMI, Scrum Alliance, Scrum.org.
- Prior experience of multiple Lean-Agile frameworks and methods, including Scrum, Kanban.