Simpson Booth are working with a global subsea & offshore engineering company to help them find a Snr Accountant for their SW London Office.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of a smaller sub-team responsible for an assigned region focusing on team deliverables, resource planning and workload management.
- Line manager duties for 2 team members, including providing motivation, support and mentoring them with a focus on their learning, development, performance and providing constructive feedback in a timely manner.
- Actively communicate with budget holders and regional management teams to plan, monitor and advise on financial performance, explaining financial information to non-finance personnel.
- Timely preparation of monthly reporting pack for assigned departments (both overhead & OOC) including variance analysis and future forecasts. This will include monthly, quarterly & annual analysis and will cover gross cost and recoveries.
- Support the sub-team and Team Lead in compliance with the monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements and ensure Group and Regional reporting objectives and policies are adhered within deadlines set.
- Preparation of monthly reporting pack with a detailed analytical review, understanding the implications and be able to present and explain the results to assigned Regional Management Team.
- Lead the sub-team in the preparation of bottom-up annual budget and calculation of internal standard costing rates for relevant cost centres/functions of assigned region.
- Prepare and/or support in the preparation of reconciliations and analysis with relevant and appropriate back up and critical analysis of the balances.
- Demonstrate a detailed understanding of and provide guidance to Team on Accounting Standards, principles, and Group accounting policies to ensure they are applied and upheld.
- Provide training to direct reports and wider Cost Centre team.
- Pro-actively identify process improvement (PI) opportunities and help to establish and share best practice, standardisation and ways of working.
- Consistently focus on high level of service provided to stakeholders.
- Utilise the knowledge management tools available to ensure the Team capitalises from lessons
- learned and is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS / STAKEHOLDERS:
- Corporate Executives (ExCom)
- Departmental Managers
- Regional teams – Finance, HR and Management
- Auditors (Internal and External)
- Group HR, Group Reporting, FP&A, Tax, IT/BFC Systems and Technical Accounting Teams
Qualifications and Education
- Educated to degree level in a relevant stream (Finance/Accounting/Business) (Essential)
- The candidate should be a fully qualified accountant with at least 2 years post qualification
- experience or be qualified by experience with extensive experience in relevant Finance roles
- Relevant experience working within a similar environment and/or at an appropriate level
- Proven track record of good quality accurate analysis and analytical review (Essential) Understanding of chart of accounts, legal entity or management reporting structures (Essential)
- Experience in interfacing with various stakeholders as mentioned above.
- Detailed working knowledge of SAP and underlying modules (time allocations, Fixed assets,
- inventory, etc) that impact the General Ledger (Essential)
- Experience of running reports and data extraction for input into excel models (Essential)
- Ability to work with Excel (including macro models), Word and PowerPoint (Essential)
- Demonstrable experience and working knowledge of Business Objects Financial Consolidation
- Able to demonstrate excellent ability to work as part of a large team.
- Positive attitude and initiative, challenging the status quo with new ideas and improvements.
- Performance focus, first time right attitude, with good self-review skills (deliver quality products &
- Positive focus on customers and strives to improve, learn and utilise feedback.
- Anticipates potential problems and works to overcome them.
- Pro-active and constructive communication with all stakeholders (e.g., Senior Management,
- Legal, Tax, HR, Technical Accounting team).
- Good time management skills – ability to independently, plan and prioritise workloads to meet
- tight deadlines.