Our Client is an exciting and innovative clean energy technology company and they are looking for a Safety Case/ GDA Project Manager to join their team.
This role will lead the delivery of safety case/ generic design assessment (GDA) activities across the company’s fleet of LFR projects, starting with the 30MWe LFR prototype. The post holder will lead a highly motivated and expert team of safety case professionals and will build/ maintain strong and collaborative working relationships with both UK regulators and engineers/ safety case experts across the company to ensure robust coordination and management of issues and risks and, where possible, consistency in justification/ evidence between countries/ regulatory regimes.
- Lead the delivery of safety case/ generic design assessment activities across the company’s fleet of LFR projects, starting with the 30MWe LFR prototype.
- Prepare a detailed execution plan for safety case/ GDA delivery, based on a robust strategic approach which best mitigates the company’s regulatory risks taking into account our first-of-a-kind prototype.
- Specify, select, appoint and manage any supply chain services required in support of the company’s safety case/ GDA activity.
- Work closely with the Design Authority (who will ultimately accept the safety case on behalf of our client as prospective nuclear site license holder) and other specialists across the company.
- Support the Head of Licensing and Organisational Development to establish, manage and maintain a framework of engagement with the UK Regulators which promotes open and honest communication, strong collaboration and innovation.
- Apply best practices in project management in line with their processes and procedures, and ensure projects are delivered to time, cost, quality and without compromise to achieving world class safety, security and environmental outcomes.
- Extensive experience in production and management of UK safety cases with personal experience and evidence of a valuable contribution made as part of the core team delivering a UK generic design assessment (e.g. EPR, AP1000, ABWR or HPR1000).
- Exceptional knowledge of the requirements and regulation surrounding site licensing pertinent to the safety case.
- Strong knowledge of nuclear power plant operation and maintenance with new build experience.
- Strong project coordination and stakeholder management skills.
- Passionate about nuclear safety.
- Masters degree in a science/ engineering subject.