Location: London, UK – visas sponsored for relocation
- Are you a passionate Ruby Developer with over 8 years of commercial Ruby/ROR experience?
- Are you interested in a unique change of lifestyle to the cosmopolitan and exciting city of London?
- Do you want to join a forward-thinking, multicultural team in an agile and collaborative environment?
- Are you passionate about clean, simple code, and joining a fast-paced fintech company?
- Are you keen to work with the newest and most emerging innovative technology coming onto the global market today?
- Do you want to earn high London salaries of £75,000 – £90,000 per annum, plus UK benefits?
WE HAVE THE JOB FOR YOU!
No matter where you are currently based globally, we have partnered with our Fintech Client who is committed to securing the best, world-class Ruby talent available. They have embarked on a global Ruby Recruitment drive and will sponsor visas for a unique lifestyle change, a relocation to the beautiful and opportunity-rich city of London.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Client at a uniquely fast-paced time – our client is growing and evolving at an exciting speed to keep up with the way digital finance products are shaping our financial planning for the future. Our Client is focused on cultivating an inclusive and diverse workforce of passionate Ruby specialists and experts to continue to do that.
Complimented by state-of-the-art digital products, programming tools and software, our Client prides itself on continuous evolution to remain at the pioneering forefront of the pension world, and they are seeking an experienced, dynamic and passionate Senior Ruby Software Engineer to help them continue to do that. You will be an expert Ruby Developer, with a proven commercial background in crafting and developing applications and be eager to join a dynamic, rapidly growing team of diverse individuals. Our Client is dedicated to sourcing the best talent available and is open to sponsoring visas for those outside of the UK. They have recently made it into the top 25 best places to work in the UK, and are now in the running for a top place in best tech places to work in the UK!
Our Client is exciting and diverse. Finance companies in the past have been slow to adapt to new technology and methods, but our Client is changing the world of savings and to keep up with it, they are looking for people who are happy to operate in an ambiguous environment, people who bring ideas to the table but above all, people who deliver software. They are moving forward at pace and are upbeat and passionate about making things successful. They are excited about new ideas, different ways of thinking and diverse background and approaches – and are excited about getting your pioneering ideas out into the world!
Role and responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Engineering a better code base with your team.
- Work within a smaller 8–10-person agile engineering team, part of a wider Engineering organisation.
- Work on tickets assigned to you, this includes writing code and specs (tests) and checking that new code passes other test coverage.
- Review Pull Requests from other developers.
- Work in a collaborative, agile team environment.
- Be awesome at what you do best, code!
- Occasionally pair with other Engineers – they have pairing machines.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Significant commercial experience with Ruby, working in a Ruby on rails environment.
- Deep understanding of object-orientated programming.
- Desire to work with Domain-Driven Design.
- Love to work using TDD.
- Understanding of relational database (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Understanding of web design patterns.
- Previous experience working in a company scaling up is useful, but not essential.
- Most importantly, a desire to learn, grow, work with an amazing team and deliver software.
- Important: Should you reach the interview stage, you will have to showcase your experience in the following ways of coding: OOP (object-oriented programming), TDD (test-driven development) and DDD (domain driven development), so this expertise is essential!
- Please send your CV if interested in relocation to London and this unique opportunity for a change in lifestyle!
- We will have a screening call with you, and if suitable we will send you to our Client.
- For CVs selected, there will be a take-home technical test where you have 5 days to send our Client a response.
- 1 final online interview (technical and cultural focus) with our Client.
- 25 days holiday per year, plus bank holidays. One extra day holiday after two years and then every year up to 30 days holiday.
- A flexible working – hybrid blend of work from home and brand new office location.
- Pension scheme using salary sacrifice, our Client will match your contributions up to 5% of your salary.
- £500 personal training budget every year to spend on courses or conferences or training materials.
- Health insurance, including Dental, Eyecare and EAP.
- Death in service with Unum (4xbase salary).
- Access to PerkBox.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity (maternity – 6 months fully paid/paternity – 3 weeks fully paid).
- Five-week sabbatical after five years of employment.
- Season ticket loans.
- Cycle2Work scheme.
- Massage twice a month (only £5 for all employees) with the money going to our Client’s chosen charity.
- Free snacks, fruit and drinks.