Our Client is a clean and sustainable energy company spearheading new technology to mitigate climate change and support global efforts in decarbonisation. Backed by significant funding, this innovative start-up is growing rapidly and we are proud to be supporting them with this exciting hire in search of a Recruitment Resourcer.
Our Client is building the next generation system with the goals to:
- Eliminate the need for geological repositories by using a fast neutron flux avoiding the production of long life radioactive elements;
- Accelerate the development of new fuel cycles, including MOX (Mixed Pu-U Oxides) and eventually thorium, that provide clean, safe and inexhaustible energy from nuclei and the opportunity to burn the long-lived nuclear waste produced by the old generation of nuclear reactors;
- Ultimately develop an Accelerator Driven System (ADS), based on the intrinsically safe coupling of a particle accelerator and a sub-critical reactor.
With visionary co-founders, our Client brings together an international team of senior engineers with deep knowledge of nuclear energy and new recruits with a fresh mindset, working to develop designs based on innovative Lead-cooled Fast Reactors (LFRs). These LFRs will meet the commercial demand for small terrestrial waste-to-energy reactors. In the UK, their immediate focus is on delivering a prototype 30MWe LFR by 2030 followed by an initial battery of 4-6 x 200MWe reactors with deployment in the early 2030s.
Our Client is building their team to meet this challenging and exciting objective. Our Client wants to be the first step toward the evolution of its industry to become fully respectful of people and the environment. To develop a new, sustainable, and completely safe way of generating nuclear energy that will lead humanity to zero emissions, and to the mitigation of global warming.
Overview of the role
You will join a close-knit, dynamic and rapidly growing HR department, and will support the Recruitment Manager in spearheading the way forward with the resourcing needs of the business. With headcount increase plans of 100+ this year, you will be a hardworking and passionate individual, success driven with a focus on quality over quantity. It is crucial that this individual takes the time to understand the culture and vision of our Client and ensures that they are sourcing effectively with this in mind. You will have the opportunity to source and support on vacancies ranging from technical nuclear engineering to critical senior support functions, central to innovating the way the nuclear industry recruits as a whole.
Main Duties/Role and Responsibilities
- You will be responsible for sourcing experienced and qualified candidates for a wide range of functions, including Operations, Human Resources, Finance, Communications and IT among others
- Working closely with the Recruitment Manager, you will craft and draft job descriptions which capture both the competency and the personal attributes required for a career with newcleo
- Posting reviewed and approved adverts on various digital platforms including our Client’s website, LinkedIn Recruiter among others
- Responsible for liaising with Recruitment Manager to ensure the vacancy tracker is up to date, all current vacancies are captured and advertised on all platforms as stated above
- Receiving and reviewing direct applications and referred candidates
- Identifying and sourcing suitable candidates proactively through meticulous searching techniques, predominantly on LinkedIn Recruiter
- Building comprehensive projects on LinkedIn Recruiter for Recruitment Manager to review
- Approaching “passive” candidates proactively, engaging with candidates and evoking interest within these candidates in the newcleo brand
- Conducting initial screening calls with candidates, shortlisting candidates for review by the Recruitment Manager
- Thoroughly checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the Recruitment Manager for final review and to the relevant stakeholders
- Working closely with the Recruitment Manager and HR Manager to create and implement assessment matrixes and competency grading for screening calls and interviews
- On occasion, deputise for the Recruitment Manager and support on interviews with line managers / relevant stakeholders
- Occasionally oversee correspondence with recruitment supplier agencies
- Providing recruitment administration support as and when needed
- Proactively conduct benchmarking and industry research to provide accurate market analysis and competitor intelligence to support the Recruitment Manager and HR Manager with the overall recruitment function.
- Supporting the HR team with onboarding by partnering with HR Administrator, collecting references, drafting offer letters and contracts (in the absence of HR Administrator), carrying out right to work checks and security vetting for all our client employees.
Attributes/ Experience Required
- You will be a skilled and hardworking Sourcer, with a focus on providing a quality rather than volume
- Excellent knowledge and experience of LinkedIn Recruiter and additional sourcing digital platforms where necessary
- Skilled in searching/sourcing, creating talent pipelines and comprehensive LinkedIn Recruiter projects
- Exposure to sourcing for the nuclear industry would be highly desirable (but not essential)
- Experience in sourcing for a similar heavily regulated industry (oil and gas, engineering, construction, civils etc) would be highly beneficial
- Strong understanding of the need to ensure a real culture and personality fit as well as a competency and technical fit across all vacancies
- You will be a passionate advocate for our Client’s vision and culture and often the first touchpoint for direct applicants and passive candidates alike
- Articualte and confident in ensuring the tone of our client’s culture and vision is maintained throughout the recruitment lifecycle
- Excellent communication skills is essential – you may from time to time be liaising with our Client’s Italian and French entities
- Attention to detail is critical
- Punctual and skilled at working to deadlines
- Sensitive to contrasting cultures with the ability to provide proactive support
- An initiative-taker who is able to build relationships quickly with the understanding of the flexibility and adaptability required for a start up
- Knowledge of HR legislation regarding right to work checks and security vetting is desiarable
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to be extremely adaptable in a constaly changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as project delivery, negotiation and facilitation
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objective of the organisation.