Simpson Booth’s client, a prominent utilities & environmental services company within Greater London, seeks a skilled Project Manager.
The scope of this role is to deliver key client projects related with maintenance and rehabilitation of wastewater assets on or near railway land. Duties include:
- Coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope.
- Oversee all aspects of projects.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarise progress of project.
- Prepare reports for Client and Senior Management regarding status of project.
The successful applicant will work directly with clients to make certain deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. Furthermore, this individual will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible.
Preferably the client is looking for someone with:
- Sewer inspection and rehabilitation experience / expertise
- Experience of railway access or working on rail (PTS would be desirable)
- Experience in delivering complex programmes, design, RAMS, (risk assessment / method statements), ITP’s (inspection and test plans) and client deliverables
- Project Management
- Customer Relations
- Business Strategy
- Health & Safety
- Safe Work Planning Manager
- CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- Personal Track Safety including ICI.
- Safety, Health and Environment Awareness
- CSCS Contract Manager / related NVQ
- Current full driving license
- Civil engineering construction techniques.
- Basic product, safety, health, and environmental law
- Risk Assessment Techniques
- Network Rail Standards NR/L2/OHS/019 Planning and Delivery Safe Work
- Network Rail Safe Work Planning Method
- Working in Rail Environment
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in management and deployment of workers in the railway industry.
Skill and Abilities
- Ability to engage effectively with people at all levels
- Problem solving skills using a methodical and cost-effective approach
- Time management
- Ability to adapt and take on new skills and approaches
- Ability to use desktop PC systems
- Ability to search out, analyse and construct new ideas.