Our UK based client, a global leader in their field of integrity maintenance and repair are recruiting for a Project Engineer to join the company.
To work within the services delivery team to deliver and provide project engineering / management and corrosion engineering support for integrity monitoring projects.
The role reports to the Business Manager.
- To assist and support the Business Manager in all corrosion monitoring scope planning and execution of work efficiently.
- Assist the Technical Manager in providing technical assessment of corrosion data, interpreting corrosion monitoring data, and make recommendations in line with best practice.
- Assist and providing technical support at project level, providing assurance on technical delivery and cost management.
- Assist in key customer account management in liaison with the project team and attendance at client meetings.
- Assist in internal review of final reports prior to approval and issuance to client, ensuring implementation of corrosion management control strategies recommended.
- To liaise with the proposal team in reviewing sales quotations and pricing
- Operational liaison with the microbiology services team, and operational support team
- Assist with compiling job cards / picking list for project related equipment preparation and procurements.
- Assist with raising requisitions (PRs) in SAP and liaising with the procurement team to ensure purchase Orders (POs) are raised and issued, with lead times confirmed from suppliers.
- Coordinate with internal support functions for workshop, stores and logistical support
- Compile work packs,and attend pre-job toolbox talks and debriefs.
- Assist with the assessment and competency of all offshore technicians.
- Assist with reviewing and updating operational procedures, risks assessments and forms in the BMS.
- Working with the management team on operational improvements and researching new opportunities.
- Willingness to mobilise offshore as and when required at short notice.
- Complete all projects/scopes to the satisfaction of the client in order to achieve KPI deliverables.
- Ensure adequate resource and competency of personnel to carry out projects/scopes.
- Compliance with all ICR HSEQ processes and standards.
- Contribute to the development of procedures / processes as and when required.
- Successful completion of scopes on time and on budget (getting it right first time), maximising profit.
- Successful contribution to the management of the operational function of the business.
Mandatory Training Requirements:
- Degree in Material Science, Chemical or Corrosion Engineering discipline or similar (minimum)
- Offshore certification and medical
- At least 3 years’ work experience
- Project engineering delivery / corrosion engineering experience
- Knowledge in API 571 – damage mechanism
- Knowledge in API 579 – fitness for service
- Team player
- Proactive and self-motivated individual with solution oriented attitude.
- Strong organisational and planning skills