Simpson Booth is proud to support our Client, one of Europe’s largest and most innovative Automotive Retailers, with the recruitment of an enthusiastic and collaborative Progress Engineer.
This is a full-time, permanent staff opportunity and will play a critical role in ensuring this company remains ahead of the curve regarding the digital evolution of the automotive industry. Working from home flexibility (fully remote from anywhere in the United Kingdom) and flexible working hours are associated with this opportunity.
As a Software Engineer, you will be key to achieving our client’s vision of creating market-leading digital products that will put them at the forefront of retailing. Placing their customers at the heart of everything they do, you will transform their experience and help to drive their business forward.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in some exciting and high-profile projects, working alongside a team of genuinely talented and passionate people who are focused on doing things ‘the right way’. Our client looking for people who are excited by the prospect of working every day on interesting problems, while collaborating and exchanging knowledge with other members of the team.
- Suggesting and making improvements to our internal processes.
- Working with a multi-skilled team to produce high-quality solutions.
- Carrying out analysis, design and development (Progress/OpenEdge 4GL/ABL) to a high standard.
- Unit testing of Progress OpenEdge 4GL/ABL code.
- Developing enterprise level applications.
- Helping to maintain automation and security processes and practices.
- Participating in team ceremonies (such as stand ups and retros).
- Communicating and collaborating well within the team.
- Database management
- Good problem-solving skills
This is an exciting and fast-paced environment where they create amazing products. They are looking for people who are ambitious, dynamic and driven to succeed. Some of the skills outlined below will really help you hit the ground running with them:
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, and influencing skills.
- Experience and an understanding of Agile methodologies and practices.
- Familiarity with traditional and Agile software development practices (releasing early and often, improving feedback and running retrospectives).
- Ability to develop technical practices such as pair programming, collective code ownership and continuous delivery.
- Experienced at planning with a good track record of successful software deliveries.
- Goal-driven with great communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
Additionally, while not essential, we think the following experience would be a bonus:
- Experience and understanding of DevOps practices, such as continuous integration
- Openedge V12 pasoe experience
- Experience with development tools such as PDSOE, Eclipse, GIT, CI/CD tools, Ant scripting
- Object-orientated programming
- Highly competitive salary
- Flexible hybrid working – work from home or the office whichever suits you most
- Training and conference funds to keep your skills current
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discounts on vehicle purchases, services, parts, rentals, insurance and more