Simpson Booth’s client, a global leader in the manufacturing of fuelling and convenience store equipment and technology, seek a Consumer Solutions Product Manager on a full-time, staff basis, ideally within the Essex (UK) area.
- Job title: Product Manager Consumer Solutions
- Department: Marketing
Purpose of position
The Consumer Solutions Product Manager is responsible for defining & deploying the company’s customer experience strategy. As part of the European Product Management team, this role extracts user insights, synthesizes them into new use cases and journey lines to make integrated forecourt design changes.
He or she will have direct responsibility for the company’s product lines within the European business.
- Develop the product roadmaps, propose, and collect innovation initiatives on the respective product platforms.
- Drive mid- and long-term growth of respective products through MLOs (Market Led Opportunities).
- Own internal product development tollgates and launch phases for marketing (platform) driven projects.
- Develop competitive positioning for owned product lines
- Develop product value proposition by designing and running experimentation sessions / research together with customers
- Define target product costs, margins and reference pricing policy based on market intelligence
- Provide support to the sales team around product proposals to the market in particular for RFI/RFQ/presentations implying deep systemic/architectural ownership/knowledge on due products.
- Provide insight and support material to the marketing communications team in order to drive inbound leads(brochures, website, PR, expositions, conferences).
- Release presentations on products to support business development/sales activities, clearly articulating the value propositions of respective product lines.
- Be a point of reference and approval authority for the technical team for any initiative on the product derived by bottom-up innovation or cost reduction affecting the product value proposition to the market.
Measures of Performance
- Revenue for product line
- Margin per product line
- OTD for strategic product roadmap items
- Number of new MLOs (Marketing Led Opportunities) in the roadmap
- Product line(s) vitality
- Inbound marketing qualified leads and velocity of leads in funnel
- Number of completed experimentations together with customers
- Market share of existing product
Personal Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree – Required (degree in Marketing or Business field preferred)
- Masters Degree – Preferred
- Strong marketing and/or product background.
- Strong User Experience (UX) with process design.
- Strong experience in Market Research tools and Product Development.