Originator – Real Estate Lending – Mayfair – staff role
Simpson Booth are looking for a Loan Originator with underwriting experience to join our client, a fast-growing real estate credit business based in central London.
The role is to originate Bridging loan and development finance opportunities, and to manage those applications through to completion of the loan (but not management of the loan).
- Relevant market experience (real estate, bridging finance, development finance)
- An understanding of the UK bridging / development finance industry.
- Previous exposure to development financing and non-residential lending (student accommodation, hotels etc).
- An extensive and relevant broker and direct to developer network
- The ability to assess whether a transaction meets our lending criteria, and work a transaction through to a successful completion, including writing and presenting the initial paper to credit committee
- Existing relationship with borrowers and intermediaries within the marketplace, and the skills to develop new relationships as introduced by our client
- A self-starter with the network and drive to originate deals
- Ability to write and present credit papers
- Familiarity with reviewing valuation reports, project monitor reports, development appraisals and spreadsheet software
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to join a focused, and growing team of professionals (currently 15) with a strong track record in the real estate industry.
- Self starter
- Team player
- Dedicated & Diligent
- Professional & Responsible
- Enjoys spreadsheets and loan analysis
- Ability to be flexible in a high pace work environment
- Ability to work independently