Our client, a global leader in their field of integrity maintenance and repair are recruiting for an Operations Manager to join their team in Lancashire.
Our client’s services currently operate separately within several business units with individual product focus; a shift to a solutions-based approach represents a more compelling market offering. The roles responsibilities include transitioning into a single repairs business unit, the identification and implementation of technical and operational efficiencies, the identification and development of sales and new markets as well as the potential addition of complementary solutions.
The revenue is currently primarily generated in the upstream oil and gas markets globally. These services offer customers repair solutions as well as carbon footprint benefits in support of their respective journeys to net zero. These services must remain relevant in the energy transition markets and new industrial markets must be accessed as part of the role. Services are provided internationally through existing footprint of hubs (UK, Norway, Houston, Perth and Middle East) and international partnerships and this footprint will facilitate further sustainable growth.
Applying the highest standards of leadership and business acumen to ensure the financial and business targets for Repair services are met or exceeded. Full accountability for the P&L of the Repair division. Through successful management of the Repair business, will ensure the delivery of all contracts and orders smoothly and efficiently.
Developing and building relationships with clients, partners, subcontractors and suppliers. Leading sales and business development to grow all Repair services within the business unit. Ensure that there are sufficient resources to discharge accountabilities outlined below. Embracing the philosophy of continuous improvement, seeing ways to engage working relationships, communicate effectively, motivate, develop, improve and retain workforce.
- Take full ownership and accountability of the management and delivery of the Repair business
- Lead the development of the business for strategic growth and new markets
- Ensure that the Repair division executes the business plan
- Ensure that financial targets aligned to the business plan are met
- Ensure that the repair business reacts to clients in a timely fashion, delivering a first class service on time and on budget
- Continually review the technical proposals to ensure the best solution is provided
- Identify new business opportunities – lead the combined Sales structure across the repair business to ensure effective action and delivery of opportunities
- Review operational processes to ensure maximum efficiency
- Effectively manage change both financially and technically
- Work with and mentor your team – developing them to fully meet their potential.
- Ensure the repair division is interacting with all other businesses / functions across the Group, where required, and in a timely and coordinated fashion
- Develop solutions that continue to reduce the market’s carbon footprint
- Ensure profit and business targets are agreed and achieved across the repair division
- Prepare and fulfil a strategic plan for the growth of the Repair business
- Ensure that all orders and contracts are completed to the clients’ satisfaction which maximising the financial benefit to the Company
- Ensure the services within the Repair division run efficiently and effectively
- Contribute to the development of systems, procedures and initiatives across the repair business
- Promote an excellent safety culture across the Group
- Meet business and financial targets for the Repair division
- Successful delivery of all repair services
- Successful management of all teams
- Develop and articulate economic benefits of Repair solutions
- Access new markets including non-O&G and international
Required skills and experience:
- Repair/Maintenance/Integrity Management/ Industrial background (essential)
- Degree qualified (desirable)
- Strong Technical capability (essential)
- Leadership experience at a senior level
- Track record in driving and delivering business targets and financials
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Customer focus and building customer relations is key
- HSEQ leadership qualities to drive safety culture