Purpose of Role:
Responsible for ensuring that all tasks near to and activities on key equipment are carried out in line with the safety procedures and guidelines, in compliance with legislation and Company policy process & procedures.
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation and Company HSES Procedures.
- Ensure asset is operated and maintained in compliance with the Asset Safety case.
- Direct and control all activities in compliance with the Company systems of work.
- Drive improvements in standards, safety and environmental performance & promote a strong Safety Culture.
- Ensure Asset annual safety, production, environmental and operational goals are met.
- Has a responsibility to set the standard(s) & ensure that work is completed in the correct manner.
- Develop robust relationships with peers onshore & offshore.
- Hold and Emergency Duty as required by the platform station bill.
Areas of Accountability, Responsibility and Competence:
- Act as a member of the Asset Operations Team in ensuring safe reliable production in compliance with company policy, process, procedures and Life Saving Rules.
- Control all Operations & Maintenance activities in accordance with Company processes & procedures.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient execution of all planned and corrective i maintenance activities in compliance with legislation and Harbour policy process & procedures.
- Contribute towards safe systems of work – e.g Permit To Work, Isolations, WICS, Control of inhibits, Flange management (i.e. maintain records & system in accordance with the procedure).
- Preparation of work scopes including preventive, corrective, projects etc to support and deliver including but not limited to permit preparation, resources (including enablers), materials, equipment/tools etc.
- Actively supervise safety and environmental critical activity using appropriate tools (Safety Observations, Field Verification etc.).
- Attain and maintain all required competency elements.
- Provide support, and where required, supervision, as directed by asset management as a member of the operations team.
- Actively coach & develop the team primarily to ensure operating integrity but also to provide a stream of individuals with future potential.
Critical Skills, Qualifications, Experience, etc:
- Have a recognised engineering qualifications related to Process operations (OND/ONC/HNC/HND/Degree).
- Proven experience within the Oil and Gas or Petrochemical Industries.
- Sound understanding of Control of Work systems and Company Policies and Procedures.
- Role models Company Values & Behaviours.
- Effective problem solver who seeks solutions in line with our values.
- Be proactive, use initiative, self-driven and result orientated.
- Ability to positively impact operating performance and the delivery of bottom-line contribution.
- Strong communication, collaboration with stakeholders / vendors and well-developed team-working skills.
- Motivates, coaches and supports peers and colleagues with a specific focus on our apprentices.
- Act as both verifier and issuer within the Company Control of Work System.
- Ensure all due diligence and verification has been completed on all permits and isolations.
- Ensure that all SIMOPS considerations have been made and area cumulative risk has been considered before issuing permits.
- Act as custodian of, and maintain administrative control of, the P-vision software.
- Lead the daily permit review meeting.
- Work closely with work co-ordinator and discipline supervision to ensure appropriate site visits have taken place prior to permit submissions.
- Act as custodian for Joint Integrity Management alongside the Maintenance and Operations Supervisors.
Control Room Operator
- Operate all plant and equipment within existing parameters in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- Maximise production, minimise losses safely.
- Working closely with onshore Production Delivery team to ensure wells are operated within approved well operating guidelines.
- Maintain and complete accurate shift handovers and logs.
- Attain and maintain CRO MOME certification.