Simpson Booth’s client, an international company specialized in consulting, services, software and technologic & digital transformation, seek an Intermediate Sharepoint Specialist for a 200 day project.
For this role, the preferred individual, is expected to contribute to the design, coding, migration, unit testing and maintenance of the clients Information and Documentation System (IDS) and its related artefacts. The incumbent is also expected to collaborate with the project team on the analysis and design of new features and functionality of the product.
The individual is expected to:
1.Perform the following activities related to the IDS solution implementation, according to corporate and current industry best practices:
- Manage and configure the IDS components, including the migration of its solution architecture and software components between platforms;
- Configure SharePoint frontend and backend including but not limited to user authentication, accounts and roles synchronization with the clients active directory, portal navigation, page templates management, Matomo web analytics, content security, metadata management and associated workflows;
- Develop automation integration tools to ease migration from Atlassian Confluence into SharePoint Online;
- Perform migration of websites from Atlassian Confluence into SharePoint Online;
- Develop security mechanisms in SharePoint Online according to Stakeholder requirements;
- Perform unit tests;
- Produce and maintain technical and system documentation.
Total: 140 days
2. Perform the following activities related to the IDS maintenance, according to corporate and current industry best practices:
- Administer, configure, support and maintain IDS;
- Monitor and report on usage as well as perform security audits of the system.
Total: 40 days
3. Provide contribution, to the best of his/her abilities in cross-cutting activities, such as:
- Work with staff and key stakeholders to define the high-level solution to be delivered and implement the solution according to the agreed requirements.
- Implement the final design (i.e. “look-and-feel”) of the User Interface (UI) collaborating staff and key stakeholders.
- Coordinate technical reviews ensuring that the application UI meets usability, functional, and client’s UI guidelines and standards.
- Collaborate with governance/oversight group to align with corporate strategy.
- Provide training and act as a “point of contact” for web related questions and requests.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of ICTU.
Total: 20 days
The role requires working on-site in Malta. In case if proposed specialist is not able to relocate immediately to Malta due to travel restrictions related to the COVID-19 outbreak, assignment can be started off-site on off-site rate terms with possibility to change it to on-site (Malta) mode, once faced travel restrictions to Malta are lifted, and as long as the end customer is able to accommodate this change at a particular moment in future.
Due to the high levels of interest in our advertised vacancies and the number of applications we receive, Simpson Booth regrets that it may not be possible to respond to all submissions. If you have not heard from Simpson Booth regarding your application within 14 days please assume that, in this instance, you have been unsuccessful.