Our Client is a clean and sustainable energy company spearheading new technology to mitigate climate change and support global efforts in decarbonisation. Backed by significant funding, this innovative start-up is growing rapidly and we are proud to be supporting them on an exclusive basis with this exciting hire. They are looking for a person who is not only planet–passionate, but also looking for an opportunity to progress and truly lead the talent function for the business. This is a permanent staff role and you will report directly to the HR Manager. You must have experience recruiting junior-mid-senior level vacancies in the energy sector (nuclear, renewables, oil and gas) to be considered for this role.
Overview of the role
As Recruitment Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day resourcing operations. Your remit will include providing a comprehensive, inclusive talent acquisition function, from the development of outreach programmes, advice and support, and management of campaigns to process improvements.
This Client will look to you to strengthen their employer brand as well as develop attraction tools. You will provide advice and guidance to senior hiring managers on the entire recruitment lifecycle including interviewing techniques and best practices.
You’ll oversee the Client’s relationships with supplier partners too. You will also source candidates directly using various mediums including job boards, websites, the internet and social media. Importantly, you will help reduce recruitment costs and create a pipeline of talent.
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- Lead the Talent Acquisition function to deliver a high-quality, efficient, end-to-end recruitment service, supporting team members to unlock immediate challenges and develop their recruitment skills in the long term.
- Implement and promote a forward-looking global Attraction and Talent Acquisition strategy in partnership with the HR department and recruitment managers in Italy and France.
- Design and develop initiatives and Talent Acquisition policies, tools and practices that are aligned with global recruitment strategy.
- Work in partnership with the business to support workforce planning activities and oversee recruitment forecast planning with department Managers.
- Own the candidate and hiring manager experience, with a strong focus on candidate and manager experience.
- Work in partnership with HR and Communications team to deliver a consistent Employee Branding strategy, to execute, strengthen and improve our employer branding and EVP in all resourcing activity.
- Champion and innovate the use of social media (with a strong focus on recruitment tools available on LinkedIn as the main source of talent attraction) to build the channels strategy for employer brand activation.
- Understand the impact of diverse hiring and the challenges this presents in sourcing talent in a competitive market and being able to translate this into fast-paced proactive pipeline-led hiring practices.
- Establish metrics and regular ad hoc reporting that enable the business to make better decisions around ongoing and future hiring.
- Measure the overall service performance, impact and effectiveness of resourcing activity and solutions
- Use data/market insights to identify trends which influence how we tackle Talent and resourcing issues; and assess where approaches, policies and tools may need to change.
- Extensive recruitment experience in-house, and ideally agency/search in the nuclear power sector (or similar highly-regulated energy sector – oil and gas, renewables etc)
- International sourcing and recruitment experience
- Experience in using multiple sourcing strategies for difficult-to-fill roles
- Digital marketing understanding
- Research and executive sourcing skills
- Extensive networks and contacts within the nuclear industry are desirable but not essential
- Inclusive and unbiased recruitment skills, use of strategies and tools that enable diverse hiring
- Effective consulting, presentation, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to navigate and utilize job boards and interface systems including LinkedIn
- In-depth knowledge of acquisition principles, systems and processes
- Delivery of assessments
- Social media savvy and overt presence in candidate markets