We are seeking an experienced and dedicated Information Assurance Manager to join our client. As an Information Assurance Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our information assets, and for maintaining compliance with relevant nuclear industry standards and regulations. You will develop and implement information security strategies, policies, and procedures, and work closely with cross-functional teams to mitigate risks and protect our organization’s sensitive data.
Our client is a clean and safe nuclear technology company, incorporated in 2021 and currently running a EUR300m equity raise. Its mission is to generate safe, clean, sustainable and inexhaustible energy for the world, through a radically innovative combination of existing, accessible technologies at competitive costs.
The company’s long-term vision is to build a new industrial standard in nuclear energy with the best possible choices in terms of safety and sustainability. Their focus is to build and design a new generation of Fast Reactors using lead as coolant (LFRs) allowing a substantial reduction of radioactive waste and a 100x more efficient use of fuel at competitive costs and incomparable safety. Their mid-term strategy is to establish MOX (Mixed Pu-U Oxides) manufacturing, for cost-effective, cleaner, and virtually inexhaustible production of nuclear energy, burning the existing waste from the current nuclear industry and therefore with no need to mine additional fissile materials.
What You’ll Do:
As Information Assurance Manager, you’ll be the guardian of their digital fortress, overseeing a range of exciting responsibilities:
- Strategic Security: Develop and implement a cutting-edge information security strategy aligned with our organizational goals, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices.
- Policies and Standards: Craft and maintain robust policies, standards, and procedures that guarantee the security of our information assets.
- Risk Management: Lead the charge in regular risk and vulnerability assessments to proactively identify and thwart security threats.
- Security Controls: Engineer and oversee the deployment of robust security controls, from access management to intrusion detection, ensuring our network is impervious.
- Incident Response: Take the lead in handling security incidents, from investigation to recovery, ensuring minimal disruption.
- Tech Trends: Stay ahead of the curve by keeping abreast of the latest security technologies, trends, and threats, recommending innovative security measures.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams to weave security into our development lifecycle and operational processes.
- Security Culture: Foster a culture of security awareness among employees through training and educational programs.
- Compliance: Ensure we’re always in line with relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards, actively participating in audits and assessments.
- Vendor Relations: Nurture relationships with external partners to safeguard shared data and systems.
- Documentation: Keep comprehensive records of our information security policies, procedures, and incident response plans.
What You Bring:
We’re looking for someone with the following qualifications and traits:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field (a Master’s degree is a bonus).
- Proven experience in information security management, with a strong emphasis on information assurance.
- Deep knowledge of information security principles, standards, frameworks, and best practices (e.g., ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework).
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and industry standards relevant to our industry (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA, PCI DSS).
- Expertise in risk and vulnerability assessments, as well as penetration testing.
- Proficiency in network security, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and other security technologies.
- Strong grasp of secure coding practices, software development lifecycles, and cloud security.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to devise effective security solutions.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills for collaboration across teams and effective communication with non-technical stakeholders.
- Desirable certifications such as CISSP, CISM, or CISA.
- Previous experience in managing security incidents and leading incident response efforts is a plus.
- Adaptability to evolving security threats and technologies, and a commitment to continuous learning.
- A background in complex, highly regulated industries is preferred.
- Experience working in international teams is a plus.
Why Join Us:
We value your expertise and dedication. You’ll have the chance to make a meaningful impact on this organization’s security posture while enjoying a supportive and dynamic work environment. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and a chance to work on cutting-edge security initiatives.
Ready to embark on a rewarding journey in the world of information security? Apply today and become a vital part of our team as an Information Assurance Manager.