Our client, a global leader in their field of integrity maintenance and repair are recruiting for a HSSEQ Advisor to join their team in Aberdeen.
The HSSEQ Advisor will be responsible for providing professional advice, guidance, and support for our client with regards to the implementation of, and adherence to the company’s HSSEQ Plans. Work activities will be in line with legal requirements in areas where they work and in line with the company policy.
This role will report to the HSSEQ Manager.
- Implementation of the company’s HSSEQ Improvement Plan.
- Work with Operations to deliver improvements in workshop HSSEQ delivery.
- Maintain our client’s Business Management System (BMS) and 1Net Incident Reporting Database.
- Investigate and identify root cause following HSSE incidents and quality related NCRs.
- Monitor and maintain legal compliance registers across the company.
- Maintain and implement the company’s HSSEQ audit programme, undertake audits as required.
- Monitor and maintain focus alongside Operations on HSSEQ compliance.
- Provide advice and guidance to Operations to ensure compliance with legal requirements. e.g., PUWER, LOLER, COSHH, PPE, Manual Handling, etc.
- Promote our client’s core values, safety culture and continuous improvement philosophies.
- Prepare, coordinate, and deliver as required monthly safety meeting presentations.
- Coordinate and deliver as required quarterly safety themes and HSSEQ inductions.
- Develop, review, and approve new and existing HSSEQ procedures as required.
- Support the Commercial and Procurement Teams with regard to tenders, proposals and client evaluations and supplier approvals.
- Other related activities as may be deemed necessary from time to time.
Key Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar relevant role (Essential)
- NEBOSH Certificate in Occupational Health, Safety and/or Environment (Essential)
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety and/or Environment (Preferred)
- Internal Auditor qualification(s) to ISO 9001, 14001 and/or 45001 (Essential)
- Lead Auditor qualification(s) to ISO 9001, 14001 and/or 45001 (Preferred)
- Internal or Lead Auditor qualification to ISO 17020 (Preferred)
- Experience in HSSEQ Management Systems e.g., SharePoint, Sypol, Safetyhub (Preferred)
- Knowledge of the oil & gas industry (Preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible – able to work on multitask work and prioritise effectively
- Strong sense of initiative, always striving for improvement
- Organised and efficient – plan work to ensure deadlines are met on time
- Good attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills – able to build effective relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Strong IT skills in office packages
- Experience working with offshore populations
- Experience having supported multiple sites