Role: HSE Manager (Global Project Centre & Asia Pacific Project Stream)
Location: London, UK or Suresness, France
This is an exciting and varied opportunity where, as HSE Manager (Global Project Centre & Asia Pacific Project Stream), you will undertake a key role within our Client’s Africa, Mediterranean and GOM Projects stream, and join a recognised leader in the global subsea energy industry.
With responsibility to enhance HSE project performance, implement strategy and deliver regional resources, process and support, you will drive a structured approach to Continual Improvement to reduce project cost and inefficiencies.
You will support the Senior HSE Manager (GPC & AP) and P&O Director, create collaborative engagement with regional HSEQ Directors, Project Managers and HSE teams, and directly manage Project HSE Managers and Leads and their continued development.
Based in their contemporary office in London, offering fantastic working and wellbeing facilities, you should also be willing to undertake reasonable planned overseas travel within this role. The Client can also look to base this role from their Surenes office in France. Flexible and Hybrid working are just some of the benefits offered to their staff, within an energised and creative culture which actively supports diversity, equality, and your personal development.
What you will be doing:
- Contributes to the strategy, direction and leadership of GPC & AP HSE Function.
- Supports the Senior HSE Manager to incorporate the vision, strategies and objectives of the wider GPC & AP Region.
- Supports delivery of the 3 Year Strategic HSE Plan, measuring and monitoring progress.
- Sets objectives and direction for the HSE staff aligned to strategy and objectives.
- Leads and manages HSE personnel, including recruitment and development activities.
- Supports the standardisation, compliance/ governance, and efficiency of HSE functional/ business policies, processes and systems across the region.
- Provides specialist technical and business input to the HSE function.
- Monitors the implementation of and adherence to Subsea 7’s HSE Management System, professional tools, policies, systems and processes within designated area of responsibility.
- Where applicable, leverages from Group focus areas on SIA Projects to enhance and improve HSE delivery model on GPC & SIA Projects.
- Drives the implementation of GPC & AP Safety Leadership/ Human Factors approach.
- Builds for the future by supporting the development and continued professional training, mentoring, and on the job development; and develops appropriate succession and development plans.
- Acts as the point of contact for all incidents and potential emergencies within the projects in their delivery streams. Includes robust investigations, sharing lessons learned and actions closed out.
- Develops and fosters a constructive and professional relationship with all stakeholders, including the Regions, Offshore Resources, SIA and PG.
Experience our client would like you to have for this role:
- Professionally qualified, minimum NEBOSH Professional certificate or equivalent
- Considerable experience in a HSE management position
- Indepth knowledge in HSE Management, Risk Assessment Principles, Incident Investigation (TapRoot), emergency Response Management, Behaviour Based Safety, Environmental Risk Management and all other HSE Subject Matters
- Trained in – TapRoot Incident Investigation Analysis
- Experience of the subsea, offshore or a related industry, including holding a management position with both strategic and line management responsibility.
- Exposure to large multi-cultural working environments
- Accustomed to leading, managing and developing teams
- Visionary attributes to deliver strategic change
- IT proficient across the MS Office suite, including the delivery of reports and presentations
- effective communication skills, both verbal and written, maintains significant collaborative relationships at all levels across a multicultural global environment
- leadership skills and the ability to motivate/ influence others to achieve required outcomes
- Pro-active planning and organising skills, able to identify and effectively prioritise workload and efficiently meet multiple, often competing deadlines withing a fast-paced 24/7 global business
- Solutions-based approach, willing to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrates initiative and ownership to deliver workload while available to support wider team activities
- Committed to continuous business improvement and self-development
What our client will be offering:
- Career development – with access to a range of learning and development opportunities, as well as being part of a culture that encourages growth and development.
- Flexible working – lots of our Clients people work flexibly in different ways.
- Whether it’s hybrid, part-time or flexitime working. Our Client can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but are open to having a discussion to see how they can make it work.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave/adoption leave.
- A fantastic benefits package – which includes a generous holiday allowance, pension scheme, discounted health and wellbeing packages, electric car salary sacrifice scheme and more.