Our client, an environmental services company is looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their team based in Horton, Slough. As the Health and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for monitoring workplace activities to ensure that employees comply with company policies and government safety regulations. You will typically have responsibility pertaining to policy development, safety inspections, Equipment testing, safety training and compliance with Health & Safety Administration and Tender Specific Regulations.
- Champion the Health & Safety Function, and Safe Working Practices across the Company
- Regularly review and update Company Risk Assessments, Safe Operating Procedures, and Safety Statement, communicating any updates Company wide
- Complete Safety Induction Training for all new employees and sub-contractors, and maintain documentary evidence
- Carry out and arrange all Health & Safety Training requirements e.g. Manual Handling, Street works Training, High Pressure Jetting, Confines Space Training etc
- Develop and carry out Safety Audits, observing workers and sub-contractors to ensure that they are following company and tender specific safety policies
- Investigate, record and report accidents, incidents and near-misses promptly, ensuring any corrective actions are implemented without delay
- Identify new and on-going safety related training requirements, ensuring all mandatory training is reviewed and delivered on time
- Ensure that correct PPE is availed of at all times by all relevant employees
- Review sub-contractors’ Safety Policies and Safety Compliance
- Attend regular Health & Safety meetings
- Prepare Health & Safety tender submissions
- Update and prepare paperwork for all Safety Audits and Accreditation, including ISO and Achilles
Due to the high levels of interest in our advertised vacancies and the number of applications we receive, Simpson Booth regrets that it may not be possible to respond to all submissions. If you have not heard from Simpson Booth regarding your application within 14 days please assume that, in this instance, you have been unsuccessful.