Simpson Booth’s client, a UK-based FinTech company, seeks an experienced Head of Documentation for their Central London office on a Full-Time/Staff basis.
Our client is looking for candidates who can (1) understand complex pensions products and pension jargon and translate them into simple wording, (2) write user facing documentation in a variety of formats (3) establish the documentation organisation strategy for the business.
Client & Job Description as follows:
Head of Documentation
Our client is building a pensions platform that is transforming pensions, savings and financial well-being, across all generations, around the world. They are making pension provision clear and easy to understand in the UK and Ireland, the Middle East, the USA and Australia. Their innovative approach is bringing considerable success and as a consequence, they are scaling up the product team to support their growth.
What is the opportunity?
They are looking to hire a Head of Documentation to work in Central London, to provide ownership of all technical documentation. As they extend their platform into new territories they need to ensure that users of the platform understand how to perform their roles and ensure that all users are given advance notice of new features or changes that may impact them. You will work with engineering to understand any features being built or changes being made and ensure that release notes and manuals are produced or updated, and users informed in advance of going live.
What will you do?
- Design and implement a set of best practice standards for all technical documentation including release notes and platform operational manuals
- Be responsible for the production and timely delivery of ‘user appropriate’ documentation to support new and existing users of the software platform
- Maintain a central repository of all documentation with appropriate permissions and clear and auditable version control
- Working with colleagues, develop a clear understanding of product roadmaps and release schedules
What does the preferred candidate require in terms of experience & knowledge?
In order importance my client is looking for candidates who have:
- An understanding of pensions, including use and configurations of pensions admin systems and pensions products/ platforms
- Experience of user facing documentation, which is created to help users to know what their platform and products do, e.g. manuals, tutorials, how to guides, functionality summaries / data sheets. And also have used a number of channels to do this: media; online, documents, videos, etc.
- Experience writing technical documentation for internal uses, e.g. specs, api documentation, release notes…
In a nutshell, the preferred candidate needs to be able to translate complex and niche products and their functionality into easy to understand guides and other materials that users can utilize to get a good grasp of what they do and how they can help them save up for their retirement.
What is it like to work for our client?
- They pride themselves in having a dynamic, open, friendly and inclusive culture, and this is something they are very proud of.
- They develop software continuously, releasing new features to production regularly often several times a day. The team is already highly collaborative, eager to learn and try new things.
- They are committed to crafting an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.
- You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- They are excited for you to make their business an even more awesome place to work!