Simpson Booth is supporting a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services to the energy industry on a permanent staff of a GPC AP Senior Contracts Specialist. The position is based in Sutton, in SW London, but as an organisation a hybrid working pattern of 3 days in the office and 2 working from home is offered.
DESCRIPTION OF THE ROLE ON THE PROJECT
The GPC AP Senior Contracts Specialist is an operational role, embedded in the Project Management Team, responsible for delivering Contracts Management service to the project.
Generally, candidate should:
- Be a proven performer in a mid-sized team (~6 people)
- Be a leading contributor to the project delivery
- Have experience of multi-site and remote project delivery;
- Have ability to work with clients, suppliers and partners.
All personnel are expected to adhere to local HSEQ codes and practices and company Code of Conduct.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Contracts Management – the candidate should have extended proven capability
- Supply chain support: for specific contractual and commercial matters / deliverables towards subcontractors and suppliers, both pre & post Subcontract;
- Contract compliance: establish & implement process to ensure all contract obligations to clients/vendors are met;
- Project correspondence; preparation of formal correspondence to clients and subcontractors/suppliers;
- Change management: Applying change management principles and procedures for identifying and supporting contract/subcontract change, including preparation, clarification, analysis and recommendations for agreement of Variations;
- Substantiate Contractual entitlements: Creating and compiling evidence to substantiate / challenge contractual entitlements;
- Contracts and Documentation: Preparation of contracts;
- Contract awareness to apply judgement to achieve optimal position for the business including identifying, tracking & communicating on project changes and client management;
- Client invoicing: management & implementation of client invoicing process;
- Project-specific partnering: Drafting and administration of project specific partnering agreements;
- Bidding, contracting and subcontracting: Uphold bidding and contracting principles, subcontracting principles and associated deviation processes;
- Qualifying and making recommendations on main contract and purchase agreements;
- Familiarity with bidding and Contracting Principles, Subcontracting principles and deviation process;
- Risk identification and management: Identifying and handling commercial risks;
- Contractual claims: Managing contractual and insurance claims handling process and associated claims quantification, presentation and settlement;
- Contractual qualifications: Formulating and qualifying contractual provisions;
- Commercial benefits and risk: Qualifying and making recommendations on main contract and purchase agreements to maximise commercial benefits and manage risk.
- Operate within the Business Code of Conduct
- Operate according to the business Management Principles
- GPC Functional reporting line to GPC Commercial Performance Director
- PROJECT up to PSM or PD