Position: Global Compensation and Benefits Manager
Location: UK or US
Reports to: HR Director
Our Client is a global expert and partner of choice in the provision of offshore pipeline and critical energy infrastructure services. With international operations spanning across multiple continents, this organisation is leading the way in innovation and excellence.
The Global Compensation and Benefits Manager will lead all global benefits programmes within the Group. The role will be responsible for implementing, managing and administering our global benefits and compensation and retirement programmes. This role reports to the UK based HR Director, engaging with various internal departments, third parties and internal HR, Payroll and Leadership team.
Role and responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Providing advice to the business on salary and compensation in line with statutory
- Full ownership of the strategy of the global benefits offering for employees
- Developing compensation and rewards strategies that attract and retain talent (including incentive plans)
- Manage the development of the job evaluation process and rollout of global salary ranges
- Key contributor to managing the relationships with both benefit brokers and provider
- Performing salary reviews based on market and sector-specific
- Management of pension and retirement plans, including auto-enrolment
- Provide bench-marking data to ensure competitiveness.
- Overseeing and periodically reviewing the administration of benefits.
- Coordinate communication of compensation and benefits information to employees and other stakeholder groups.
- Lead new benefit initiatives and manage the implementation processes in partnership with HR, TA, Payroll etc., supporting and training the team to ensure a complete understanding of all rewards processes and initiatives.
- Keep up to date with upcoming changes in legislation globally regarding any aspects of reward (e.g. pensions, gender pay reporting, commission, holidays etc.) and proactively make recommendations to the team.
- Spot trends in the market and provide input and ideas that compliment the global reward philosophy, challenging current processes and driving positive change.
Knowledge, experience and attributes required:
- Past proven experience in managing benefits globally is essential
- Must be detail oriented, proactive and able to support Company integration activities (benefit and salary benchmarking and job evaluation) as well as day to day operational requirements.
- Knowledge of US benefits
- Strong vendor management skills, including review of contracts and SLAs
- Previous experience of working on benefit harmonisation projects
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- High level of IT literacy and use of Microsoft office packages.
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Capable of working on own projects and taking responsibility for the workload.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Ideally, degree qualified or equivalent HR qualifications.
- A proficiency in/experience of using HR Information Systems would be an advantage, particularly including benefit workflows through to payroll
- Previous experience working with global benefit brokers would be an advantage