Financial Systems Accountant – E & P company – Aberdeen – 6-12 month contract
This is a PAYE contract role for an initial period of 6-12 months.
- Contribute to appropriate finance control environment
- Timely and accurate delivery at all times
- Assist in the development of the enhanced reporting systems, driving automation wherever possible
- Support business strategy and deliver objectives, performance and growth
- Support external audit process
- Work closely with other functions to ensure effective relationships and business delivery
- Oversee creation of master-data in-line with local standards
- Oversee and support the month end processes in line with timetable
- Perform system functional integrity testing where appropriate
- Troubleshoot any issues for the UK Finance Group
- Assignment of Systems Security
- Liaising with business on process enhancements.
- Participating in projects relating to the finance function which have a systems dimension or impact
- Approval of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Deliver performance reviews for individual team members and individual development plans
- Degree qualified and with recognised accounting qualification ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent
- Very good experience of revenue and production accounting and reporting within upstream oil and gas industry is essential
- UK North Sea experience required
- Excellent accountant with proven track record
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of Financial Systems
- Strong MS Office skills