Enterprise IS Operations Manager – Contract 9-12 months PAYE – Oil & Gas Operator
The role can be based remotely but the occasional travel to Aberdeen will be required.
The IS Operations Manager is responsible for the overall performance and delivery of infrastructure, services, applications and service delivery capabilities across the IS enterprise environment.
The IS Operations Manager will bring current knowledge and future vision for transforming the delivery functions including their strategy, service offerings and workforce. The role holder is a senior stakeholder in all relationships with both internal and externally sourced support and operational capabilities.
As a key member of the senior IT leadership team this role contributes to the development and execution of the enterprise wide IT strategy and is responsible for ensuring IS Operations is positioned to deliver compelling business value.
- Ensures the IS Operations group are aligned to the IS Strategy and operating model.
- Accountable for the overall performance and safe delivery of IS Services. Ensuring the delivery of day-to-day IS services to support the business requirements of the company by directing and managing the delivery of live operational services in line with agreed service levels, performing reactive and proactive service and infrastructure maintenance to eliminate causes of service disruption. Advise and report to the IS Leadership Team regarding the delivery, costs, availability and functionality of IS services including identification of adverse trends in performance.
- Introduces innovative operations capabilities that enhance employee productivity.
- Works with the IS senior leadership team on the services portfolio and governance required to prioritise resources, including budget.
- Builds successful stakeholder relationships with other IS and business leaders by developing a clear understanding of business needs, acting as a trusted advisor, and ensuring cost-effective delivery of IS services to meet those needs.
- Assists in the development of the annual IS budget to ensure that it’s consistent with the overall strategic objectives of IS and the enterprise and is within plan.
- Defines, develops and manages a comprehensive and integrated ITSM landscape, based on best-practice processes, disciplines and related toolsets.
- Collaborates with the security operations manager to ensure IS Operations embrace and apply security strategy.
- Operates a formal governance mechanism to establish and monitor effective controls for the processes and functions performed by IS teams. Supports periodic reviews by internal audit, compliance teams and other risk-related functions as required.
- Provides direction on what emerging technologies should be incorporated into IS operations products and services to successfully deliver overall IS strategy.
- Provides strategic direction and oversight for the full life cycle of design, development, operation and support of IS systems.
- Directs the development of an IS sourcing strategy and provides executive oversight for strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Develops the maturity of IS to improve efficiency, deliver new innovations and increase collaboration with other business areas (e.g., through Agile and DevOps).
- Drives the adoption of (and commitment towards) service improvements.
- Lead, motivate, develop and appraise IS team members so that their individual and collective performance is of the required standard and meets the current and future needs of the business
- Ensure IS Standards and Guidelines are observed and followed and that IS employees share best practice with the IS community
- Collaborates with IS leadership on further development of the IS operating model
- Ability to build consensus, making decisions based on many variables, and gain support for major initiatives.
- Experience of working in an ITIL Service Management environment
- Proven ability to influence and build effective working relationships with internal customers, peers and vendors regardless of organisational boundaries or management level
- Experience of managing teams of managerial and operational staff
- Deep understanding of current and emerging IS technologies and practices, and how other enterprises are employing them
- Knowledgeable in how to apply IS capabilities to achieve regulatory or statutory compliance requirements.
- Ability to prioritise according to business strategy and recognise opportunities to apply IS and technology solutions to specific situations
- Experienced in leading cloud adoption (at scale), including establishing governance mechanisms, delivering migration projects and modifying IS operations target operating model.
- Experience of developing governance practices to track and measure the quality of services and maintain service improvement plans.
- Good knowledge and experience of IS core processes, such as project management, service delivery, application management and business alignment
- Strong third-party management skills, working closely with sourcing and vendor managers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the IS workforce
Due to the high levels of interest in our advertised vacancies and the number of applications we receive, Simpson Booth regrets that it may not be possible to respond to all submissions. If you have not heard from Simpson Booth regarding your application within 14 days please assume that, in this instance, you have been unsuccessful.