Simpson Booth’s client, one of the world’s leading subsea operations and manufacturing companies, seeks a Team Lead (Electrical Engineer) for their Glasgow office.
To manage and develop the Electrical Engineering capability acting as a technical expert and providing robust leadership to the team. Actively supporting the Projects Engineering Manager in defining and implementing robust engineering processes, sets, systems and improvements across the function. Providing technical input into bid process
to evaluate the electrical and electronics engineering required in both content and complexity. To assess technical ability required to deliver and to appropriately plan the electrical engineering resource to deliver projects.
Technical Role & Responsibilities:
Leading the Electrical Engineering Team to deliver high quality design solutions to meet contractual requirements, including electrical and electronic systems from conceptual design through to detailed design, ensuring design functionality, achieving technical integrity, ensuring full compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements and advancing the technology within the team and business. Responsible for owning, defining, developing and implementing technical Electrical Engineering processes and acting as the Electrical & Electronic Engineering authority
within the function.
- Provide technical guidance, expertise and leadership to the Electrical and Electronics Engineering team.
- Lead and drive robust technical solutions to complex electrical & electronic issues.
- Produce and review panel schematics and fabrication drawings for HV/LV systems.
- Integration of Life support, Navigational Equipment and Subsea Technologies.
- Design of switchgear electrical AC/DC power system for submersibles & SAT systems, composed of electrical disconnect switches, fuses or circuit breakers used to control, protect and isolate electrical equipment.
- Specification & selection of circuit breaker contacts, switch gears, fuses, earthing bonding systems, busbars, and indicators.
- Specification & selection of internal/external cables, penetrators and connectors.
- Specification, selection and review of different battery & BMS technologies to meet the requirements of manned and unmanned submersibles.
- Ensure compliance with relevant design codes, legislative, class and flag requirements where applicable (Lloyds & DNV).
- Engineering Function, Electrical & Electronic Engineering review and approval authority.
- Presiding over Engineering Change Control for all matters in relation to electrical engineering
- Undertaking a lead role in the Engineering Design Review and Control process.
- Identify and develop suitable supporting technologies for use / implementation in delivering electrical design solutions.
- Liaising with all other engineering disciplines to ensure overall design functionality and compliance is achieved.
COMMERCIAL IN CONFIDENCE
- Liaise with draughting team and production teams to give electrical engineering guidance at all stages of the product lifecycle
- Sourcing of materials, components and services as directed in-line with engineering projects
- Assist in the assembly and testing of prototype equipment prior to releasing for final engineering work.
Management / Leadership Role & Responsibilities:
- To drive and develop the Electrical Engineering Team technical competence, identifying development needs of individuals or the group to suitably deliver the electrical & electronics capability within the function.
- Responsible for all day to day management of the Electrical & Electronics Engineering Team members including man management and allocation of workload to drive high performance.
- Manage, drive and deliver Electrical Engineering capability to the Engineering function.
- Line Management responsibility of all electrical & electronics engineering team members.
- Effective and efficient management of all Electrical and Electronics engineering resource, assigning workload to achieve on-time delivery.
- Senior level input into relevant engineering processes and procedures.
- Ensure the electrical & electronic engineering software is being used to its full potential (AutoCAD Electrical).
- Ensure Electrical & Electronics Engineering pool competence is developed through internal & external training.
- Strong communication
- Clear Management and Leadership skills
- Natural problem-solver and reasoned thinker
- Willingness to take ownership and accountability of issues and make decisions
- Ability to engage and motivate others
- Strong team-player.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Provide technical leadership to Electrical and Electronic Engineering Team.
- Responsible for updating, maintaining and controlling E&E engineering technical documentation and procedures.
- Focused on managing team to deliver to tight deadlines and changing requirements.
- Significant electrical engineering design and systems experience.
- Demonstrable and proven experience.
- MEng, BEng (Hons) or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team structure, accept and understand management instruction manage own timescales and specified timescales effectively. Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and personnel issues.
- Flexible for travel to local or overseas sites if required