Position: Electrical Engineer – Hydraulic/Mechanical Systems – Nuclear Sector
Location: Egremont, UK
Our Client is a leading, expert supplier of choice to the nuclear industry in specialist design, engineering and manufacturing services. An innovative and fast-growing organisation, our Client’s highly skilled teams and long-standing heritage enable them to deliver world class solutions to the most demanding operational and technical challenges faced by their customer base across the complex and evolving nuclear and engineering sector.
We are supporting our Client in their recruitment for an experienced Engineer with expertise in Electrical, Hydraulic and Mechanical systems to join their rapidly growing team in a permanent staff capacity. You will have the opportunity to work on a range of projects including remote (ROV) equipment operations and maintenance, panel build and inactive trials – projects of significant importance to the evolving and busy nuclear energy sector.
Role and responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to the following:
- You will be responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of equipment, supporting the remote element of operations, within our Client’s site production areas of Egremont and during all client site-based operations
- You will work on equipment assembly, trials and testing
- Undertake scheduled and breakdown maintenance operations within the Rig Halls or specified site-based locations.
- Work with engineering teams to resolve technical, quality and schedule issues
- Adherence to all project operations and maintenance Quality Control matters including management of equipment, spares and consumables
- Ongoing assessment of operations and maintenance processes and procedures to identify and support implementation of improvements
- Identifying and reporting new working methods, tooling or other systems that may improve efficiency
- Continual improvement initiatives such as visual management tools and toolbox talks
Knowledge and experience required:
- P4 Pass highly preferred
- Experience of Hydraulic and Electrical Manipulators, and Long Reach Tooling advantageous
- Previous experience in the Nuclear industry advantageous – Sellafield experience preferred
- Understanding of Electrical, Hydraulic and Mechanical Systems
- Experience in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment
- Experience in a highly regulated industry and good knowledge of quality management systems
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, time management and decision-making skills
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent / relevant experience as determined by role requirements
- IOSH Working Safely or equivalent
- Tertiary qualification in a technical or related discipline
Due to the high levels of interest in our advertised vacancies and the number of applications we receive, Simpson Booth regrets that it is not possible to respond to all submissions. If you have not heard from Simpson Booth regarding your application within 14 days please assume that, in this instance, you have been unsuccessful.