Simpson Booth’s client is an established supplier of specialist engineering, manufacturing and technical services for customers operating in challenging environments or with high integrity applications. They currently seek a EHSSQ Operations Manager to be based within the Preston area. This is a Full-Time, Staff role.
Our client has cemented its position as a world leader in the reactor decommissioning and segmentation market. They provide decommissioning solutions and remote handling equipment to the international nuclear sector.
The EHSSQ Manager (Operations) shall support the Central EHSSQ function by ensuring:
- Completion of all assigned EHSSQ audits and inspections.
- Compliance with continual improvement processes i.e. Learning from Experience, Management Review etc.
- Completion of all assigned near miss, accident and non-conformance investigations.
- Efficient closure of corrective actions
- Compliance with all company and statutory requirements
- Control measures are implemented for subcontractors working on company sites.
- Compliance with site specific environmental permit conditions.
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant experience in an EHS&Q management role with excellent people management skills
- Excellent knowledge of ISO management systems, in particular ISO9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001.
- Experience of dealing with certification bodies, and customers at all levels
- Experience in performing workplace safety inspections with the aim of promoting a positive safety and quality culture throughout the business
- Experience / knowledge of continual improvement tools
- Experience in a regulated and process driven environment, preferably engineering based
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, time management and decision making skills
- Used to working in a fast moving, project-based environment
- Willingness to attend external CPD training as required
- A working knowledge of metrology
- Responsible for project specific EHSSQ management arrangements and shall ensure that the following requirements are adhered to for all projects under their control:
- Quality Plan(s) are suitably comprehensive and detail the correct procedures for the project
- Project specific procedures are suitably implemented, if required.
- Project activities are audited on a risk based approach to ensure compliance.
- LTQR packs are planned and verified.
- EHS Plans, Risk Assessments and Method Statements are created and / or reviewed, as required.
- All project personnel remain in compliance with the company’s Ionising Radiation Policy and IRR17.
- The EHSSQ approach for the project is appropriate to the scope of supply, e.g. COTS, MOTS, bespoke.
- NEBOSH NGC preferable
- Minimum IOSH Managing Safely
- IRCA Accredited Lead Auditor qualification
- Working towards membership of a suitable institution (e.g. CQI / IOSH)