Simpson Booth’s client, a global leader in technology solutions (e-mobility), seek a Digital Marketing Content Manager on an initial temporary 3-month basis with the potential to move to a permanent position thereafter.
Primarily they are looking for:
- An experienced Marketing manager with content marketing and lead generation focus / experience.
- B2B experience is essential.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
This role can be worked remotely with occasional visits to the company’s head office in Essex.
Purpose of position
- The Digital Marketing & Content Manager is responsible for developing and executing diverse online marketing and content marketing strategies to grow the company’s e-Mobility brand across Europe and generate new leads into the business.
- Reporting into the Head of Marketing Communications, whilst working closely with the product management and business development teams of the e-Mobility arm of the business, this position is responsible for promoting the organisation’s full range of e-Mobility solutions and services, targeting a range of verticals aligned with the defined go-to-market strategy of the e-Mobility business.
- With this aim, the position is expected to leverage a range of digital platforms, including paid and organic search, digital advertising, content creation (including video), social media, email marketing, and online conferences/exhibitions. The position will also support the e-Mobility organisation in the creation of targeted sales & marketing collateral, including but not limited to brochures, presentations, web pages and technical documents.
- The Digital Marketing & Content Manager is measured on the quality of customer acquisition through digital channels, as well as the number of content pieces delivered towards increasing visibility of the brand and its services across Europe.
- Develops and implements digital marketing campaigns and content strategies to promote the organisation’s
- e-Mobility solutions and services through multiple digital channels to increase exposure to and business from the defined target audiences.
- Works with the e-Mobility product managers to devise compelling value propositions and messaging for each target vertical.
- Drives the digital go-to-market strategy for new product launches.
- Leads the SEO strategy and keyword conquesting program for the e-Mobility business.
- Leads the paid search and paid advertising programs for the e-Mobility business.
- Leads the PR and thought leadership agendas for the e-Mobility business.
- Owns social media marketing and online community management for the e-Mobility business.
- Maintains and optimises the e-Mobility content across the European website.
- Prepares targeted sales and marketing collateral including brochures, presentations and technical documents.
- Plans, prepares and delivers outbound customer email programs.
- Project manages the translation of content, campaigns and sales collateral into multiple European languages.
- Works with internal stakeholders and third parties to identify, plan and deliver and/or participate in virtual customer events.
- Establishes and manages the relationships with key trade media and advertising platforms.
- Regularly analyses performance data to assess the effectiveness of activities and draws key recommendations around content, campaign and website optimisation.
- Leads projects or project steps within a broader project Action Plan.
- Leverages the Business System toolkit to problem solve and drive continuous improvements.
- Regularly communicates the activities and impact of the digital marketing program to the e-Mobility and Marketing teams, as well as the wider business. Applies strong brand guardianship and ensures that the brand message is consistent across all platforms.
Measures of Performance
- Number of Marketing Qualified Leads (MQLs) generated (and associated funnel/revenue contribution).
- Digital metrics: website analytics, organic search growth, email open & CTRs, digital content and campaign origination, social media engagement, online event engagement, etc.
- ROI on digital lead generation campaigns.
Personal Qualifications & Experience
- Quantifiable Experience in B2B Digital Marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business
- Proven track record of effective lead generation
- Proven track record of designing and implementing content marketing strategies
- Strong ability to analyse data and draw upon actionable insights
- Manages and drives change and capable of using processes to do so
- Self-starter with strong organisation and project management skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Incredible attention to detail
- Confident communicator with fluency in English. Additional European language(s) desirable
- Experienced Microsoft Office pack user (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Experienced Google Marketing Platform user
- Experienced Adobe Creative Suite user
- Preferred familiarity with relevant B2B industries e.g., e-Mobility or automotive
- Preferred CRM experience (Salesforce.com and HubSpot)
- Preferred knowledge of coding including HTML and CSS
- Preferred knowledge of content management systems including Drupal and/or WordPress
- Preferred knowledge of video editing software