Are you currently seeking a change in your career and want to work with one of Europe’s largest and most innovative Automotive Retailers, and get involved in exciting projects and work on different technologies?
Simpson Booth are proud to support our Client with the recruitment of a DevOps Engineer with vast experience, to join their Engineering team.
Why choose our Client? We’ll give you a few reasons…
- Work from home – Fully remote!!!
- They promote active learning
- BIG on collaboration
- Training and conference funds
- Private medical insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Discount on vehicle purchases, servicing, parts and rental
What you can expect
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll have a key role in our Client’s cross-functional squads, influencing the technical approach they take to building, deploying and maintaining their digital products. You’ll help to establish best practice around continuous integration and continuous deployment, while evangelising automation throughout the development process and infrastructure.
Our Client is looking for people with a “CAN DO” attitude to changes in the requirements, the technologies, and the problems they are solving at short notice. They want people who are pragmatic and can adapt as situations evolve and always want to learn new things.
- Deploying and maintaining critical applications
- Using monitoring to measure service performance
- Utilizing infrastructure-as-code to deliver automated, predictable and scalable solutions, infrastructure and services
- Empowering development squads to build and deliver software solutions and services
- Evangelising automated, fault-tolerant and secure developments and practices
- Investigating and managing any anomalies to resolution and assisting in wider investigations as required
- Supporting and working alongside engineering teams on the latest technologies
- On-call rota
- Linux Administration with strong scripting skills
- Experience of infrastructure as code tools such as Ansible and Terrraform
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Strong judgment, analytical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Experience maintaining and deploying highly available, fault-tolerant systems at scale
- Networking, routing and firewall knowledge
- HAProxy deployment and availability tuning
- Monitoring and alerting using tools such as Icinga
- Creation and management of CI / CD pipelines
- MySQL / MariaDB / Galera cluster design, deployment, tuning and management
- Knowledge of containerisation – Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience of Cloud provisioning and admin (Azure)
- Redis deployment and management
- vSphere / VMWare
What you can expect from our Client
Our Client is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. They strive to create an environment where collaboration, unique perspectives and multiple approaches are celebrated. They care about their employees and their communities, they nurture talent and encourage ambition, and are passionate about people who take pride in their work.