Simpson Booth’s client is an established supplier of specialist engineering, manufacturing and technical services for customers operating in challenging environments or with high integrity applications. They currently seek a CS&A Engineer in Preston, Lancashire (Full-time Staff role).
- Reporting to the SCM for Steam-Generating Heavy Water Reactor (SGHWR), the successful candidate will join a team comprising of Project Manager, Construction/Installation Managers & a team of supervisors.
- The CS&A Engineer will work with the construction teams at site implementing the accepted design from company sub contractors onto the site. This will require significant liaison with the design team and the ability to make appropriate judgement calls and justification for any design adjustments.
- The Engineer will ensure best industry practice, reviewing all subcontractor documentation, ensuring that the highest levels of engineering quality are maintained across the design, and contributing to on-time delivery of the CS&A package of work
- Providing specialist CS&A technical management and governance into the CS&A engineering design.
- Liaise with sub-contractors. (Will require visits to the local sub-contractors).
- Act as overseer for sub-contractors work, provide input to answer TQs, design changes, general technical issue etc.
- Provide technical input, critique and review of design packs still under development.
- Maintain audit records in accordance with company procedures.
- Liaise with in-house company design teams.
- Manage justified changes/adjustments to the accepted designs.
- Assist with technical input into project wide documents, e.g. Construction and Demolition method statements, Programme of work for the construction phase etc.
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Demonstrable experience at a minimum of senior engineer grade on CS&A and multi-discipline projects within similar highly regulated industries.
- Familiar with load-path tracing, consequential sequencing analysis and managing design change.
- It would be desirable for some experience of working on Nuclear Decommissioning Authority sites.
- Experienced in on site delivery.
- Familiar with UK design and construction legislation, e.g. CDM regulations / British standards and Eurocodes.
- Understanding of the engineering requirements of complex building installations and the interfaces with other disciplines.
- PC literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly MS Project, Word and Excel.
- Understanding of the quality processes and constraints that exist in a highly regulated industry
- Minimum HNC/HND.
- CSCS Card.
- SMSTS preferred, SSSTS is essential