Our client is a well-recognised contractor involved in the provision of a range of mechanical services. They have an international presence and a focus on growth both through the organic development of existing business and through acquisition. This is an established business backed by private equity.
This role is based out of Aberdeen, but some limited travel is also required.
We are looking for a high-calibre CFO with a track record of managing businesses of a revenue scale between £35m & £100m. Working closely with investors and acting as partner and advisor to the CEO in a growth and acquisitive environment. Experience in an engineering/manufacturing businesses and with an understanding of project accounting cycles would be valuable. You could be an existing PE CFO or in a significant divisional CFO role in the engineering/ construction/ oilfield services sectors.
- Develop and maintain overall financial strategy commensurate with the organisations stated direction.
- Be responsible (either directly or via staff) for all cash management, investments, insurance, budgeting, and financial reporting, and help drive the company’s financial strategy and hiring needs.
- Develop, encourage and support the finance team and other functions/departments reporting to this role.
- Coordinate development of annual operating, capital, and program budgets, as well as reporting for the same.
- Ensure cash flow is compatible with operations by overseeing day-to-day accounting, recording, reporting, and internal-control activities of the organisation.
- Develop and implement best practices and tools to ensure a well-controlled yet flexible organisation that has strong fiscal management, project coordination, cross-team communications, and workflows.
- Comply with international, national, and local finance, tax and investment requirements by understanding existing and new legislation and taking appropriate action.
- Manage positive relationships and guide internal and external stakeholders.
Applicants to this role require:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent experience) in accounting, business accounting, or finance
- International finance experience, understanding of transfer pricing, tax, treasury etc
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions and investor relations
- Executive experience with various business models and their associated revenue recognition
- Professional certification
- Excellent financial forecasting skills
- Proficiency in various computer software, such as MS Word, MS Excel and other financial management software
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to devise financial and commercial solutions
- Impeccable analytical mindset and comfortable working with advisors, banks, auditors etc
- Excellent financial planning skills and budget improvement
This is a permanent role based at our client’s office in Aberdeen. The role presents the opportunity of limited hybrid working and will require regular attendance at office due to its seniority.