Our client is a global provider of subsea robotic and integrated survey solutions to the offshore wind and oil field decommissioning sector and are recruiting for an experienced Business Development Manager to join their team in Aberdeen or Edinburgh..
You will be responsible for driving sales in subsea services while actively looking for opportunities to gain new business and educating the industry about our advanced solutions. They are looking for someone that goes above and beyond and takes responsibility over their work, and ensures great client contact and relationship building throughout the whole sales and project life cycle..
Working in a tech-focused subsea services company, you’ll be expected to exhibit a high degree of autonomy and will be able to research, develop and implement solutions and ideas to achieve more growth. You will play a key role in their expansion, with a brief and role that advances as they grow internationally.
- As Business Development Manager you will develop new business in the Renewables and Oil & Gas de-commissioning sectors.
- You will actively manage and maintain the Sales Pipeline and CRM database, ensuring the best quality of intel is captured against each opportunity.
- You will report progress through the sales funnel and initiate actions to push opportunities forward.
- Working with the Chief Revenue Officer you will make recommendations on which opportunities to forecast confidently that will convert and highlight through strategic win plans the steps required to advance and secure B list targets
- You will advise the exec team of progress at monthly and quarterly reviews
- Experience within subsea, offshore energy or the maritime environment is desirable
- Experience with ROV, AUV, hydrographic / geotechnical survey or detailed engineering projects is desirable.
- Understanding of the Subsea industry with a bias toward the Marine Renewable Energy Sector is desirable.
- Ability to build and develop strong working relationships both externally and internally
- Ability to win new customers and foster existing relationships.
- Identify new business early in the sales cycle and develop bespoke solutions that give Rovco and our clients a competitive advantage
- Experience in international Sales is also important and must be able to understand cross-cultural relationships and where possible influence decision makers
- Provide clear and precise intelligence to the Commercial function for bid preparation by detailing client technical specifications and requirements.
- Leading sales activities in your sector by defining, creating and implementing sales strategies
- Developing and executing a plan to align the sales funnel with organisational goals and targets
- Listen, consult, promote and sell services to current and potential new customers
- Delivering presentations at conferences, to key clients and prospects
- Working with tendering team to craft responses to tenders and development of service proposals
- Experience of sales tracking software / CRMs
- Working with a product development team to understand, tailor and develop the right service offering for our clients
- Maintaining strong market knowledge by establishing networks, reviewing publications and monitoring competition.
- A fast growth company that can accelerate your career
- Competitive salary that track market rates
- Generous pension
- Flexible working policy and remote working options
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Personal private medical insurance that can be extended to your family
- Additional training and personal development
- A people focused, inclusive culture