Job Specification – Business Development Manager
Our UK based client, a global leader in their field of integrity maintenance and repair are recruiting for a Business Development Manager to join their international sales team.
The Business Development Manager will establish and retain business opportunities for the Repair Division Services department, including Engineered Composites, Leak Sealing, Quickflange Weldless Connectors, Specialist Onsite Machining & Controlled Bolting.
The primary focus for this role will involve growing the business internationally within a particular region, whilst obtaining new clients and fostering business relationships to increase revenue from sales. This will be in accordance with the agreed business development strategy and as per the annual business plans.
This is primarily a business development role with an additional element of account and partner management as part of the sales process.
This role will report to the Head of Sales in Aberdeen.
- Drive business growth within a particular international region for the Repair Division securing revenues as per the annual business plan.
- Identify new leads, potential new international markets, partners and industries in order to generate business for the Repair division.
- Assist in the development of a new market strategy to help determine the best approach to new markets where required, including market research and mapping as well as competitive landscape.
- Manage key strategic accounts and partners that are already established.
- To further develop current client relationships and establish new clients to obtain new work and territories agreed as per the business plan.
- To support the development of relationships with key suppliers and partners.
- Develop a comprehensive pipeline of opportunities with a six month look ahead and ensure this is managed and kept up to date using the company’s CRM system.
- Maintain and identify new opportunities to achieve financial performance of the Repair Division.
- Develop strategy, tactics, sales pursuit plans and targets for the Repair Division.
- To carry out weekly forecasting within the CRM, to ensure revenues in the month are aligned with actuals.
- Identify and report on business opportunities in target markets.
- To positively and professionally represent our client at conferences, trade shows and networking events with an aim to continually gather intelligence and feed back to the business using the appropriate tools.
- To develop and retain positive relationships with new and existing customers and foster positive relationships within the organisation.
- Responsible for delivering annual targets.
- Maintaining strong relationships with Key Clients on behalf of the Company.
- Ensure annual sales targets and strategic objectives are met or exceeded for new clients and new business.
- Develop business in new sectors and industries.
- Develop a comprehensive pipeline of opportunities.
- Develop and retain positive relationships with new and existing customers and foster positive relationships within the organisation.
- Follow and enhance the Repair Division growth strategy.
- Recognise and adhere to all Company and HSEQ policies internally and externally.
Key Candidate Attributes:
- High performing business development and sales specialist.
- Articulate with an ability to communicate at varying levels of commercial seniority.
- Proven experience in sales within heavy industry.
- Previous international sales experience.
- Dynamic with a strong ability to build long term relationships.
- Reliable with initiative, drive and enthusiasm to achieve targets.
- The ability to cold call and generate meetings.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Commercial awareness and negotiation skills.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good IT, budgeting and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of marketing and branding.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Ability to travel internationally on a regular basis.