Business Development Director – ICR
Location: Texas or Louisiana
Reports to: President, Americas
ICR, a global provider of specialist repair, inspection and integrity solutions has an exciting new Business Development Director opportunity to be responsible for spearheading the strategic growth plan for the Process Industries end market within their Americas business.
- Responsible for the increase in sales revenues by prospecting and engaging new clients
- Provide support to operations leadership in the support and management of existing accounts
- Support partner management within the Americas region
- Obtain new clients and foster business relationships, whilst growing the sales and business revenues
- Lead the pursuit and securing of new business in line with the companies strategy and targets.
- Ensuring Key Account plans are kept up to date at all times to include competitor analysis, market intel and commercial analysis.
- Develop a comprehensive pipeline of opportunities with a six month look ahead and ensure this is kept up to date on a weekly basis using the CRM.
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships and alliances to drive strategic plans and growth.
- Ensure in-depth competitor analysis and market intelligence is included in the Key Account Management plans and shared within the wider sales organisation.
- Assist in the preparation & delivery of annual operational budget and business plan.
- Advise on key market trends and emerging themes within customer portfolio, sector and industry.
- Ensuring the company’s technology offering is fully understood to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Liaise with Technical and Engineering teams as and when required as per project requirements.
- Deliver end market diversification and broadening the customer base within the region.
- Develop and retain positive relationships with new and existing customers and foster positive relationships within the organisation.
- Identify and develop growth plans in new geographies.
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure all promotional material is up to date and fit for purpose.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in plant operations, construction and/or field maintenance required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and/or MBA or equivalent experience managing operations portfolios.
- Previous experience of Engineered Composites preferred.
- Ability to cold call and generate meetings
- Experience on large-scale projects & turnarounds, preferred
- Strong leadership skills, being visionary and a strong influencer
- Strong ability to build long-term relationships and work across departments
- Reliable with initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- Sales and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Commercial awareness and negotiation skills
- Positive attitude and outlook
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Good IT, budgeting and reporting skills
- Knowledge of marketing and branding
- Ability and willingness to travel on a regular basis
- A full driving licence
- Job specific technical training to be provided