The role will take a strategic lead in the development and implementation of customer relationship and sales within East Asia.
The primary focus will be on the creation of sales demand and the generation of sales revenue growth and margin improvement implementing the agreed tools.
The role will develop strategies to identify, engage with and secure global priority Airline & caterer targets and establish a position where the employer is developed as a leading global provider of pre-packed food products to the passenger travel market in order to deliver a robust pipeline of future projects and deliver a reliable & sustainable high rate of growth.
To support the global sales strategy, developing new and maintaining existing business through effective key account and relationship management with airline operators, airline caterers and other defined customer targets based in Asia to ensure we are the preferred supply partner for food and service solutions, supporting value proposition development – including
- identification and articulation and evidencing client needs
- comparison to competitor offerings
- proof point development and testing
Promote and participate in Demand Creation initiatives e.g. substitutions, specification management & selling process.
Strategy and account planning for key accounts.
Forecast, monitor and evaluate sales performance of key accounts and self.
Analyse competitor activity and use data to formulate proposals for changes in strategy.
Report through the CRM system
- Strategy and account planning for key accounts
- Acquire deep knowledge and insights into the customer businesses and develop strategic alliances with key decision-takers and decision-influencers up to and including main board level
- Proactively develop and maintain relationships with airlines, caterers and other targets to secure new business opportunities.
- Understand potential client business development plans and how we can support and enable them
- Ensure all customer and prospective records and information is kept current in appropriate systems maintaining up to date CRM data to manage opportunities and the pipeline in a structured way
- Creation of customer proposals/technical development and amendment of specifications
Regional Sales Leadership
- Grow market share, achieve and exceed sales & gross margin targets.
- Take accountability for all budgeted costs and involvement in contract negotiations with prospective airline clients and caterers
- Fills/primes the pipeline by leading customers to test/trial/choose our products and solutions as follows:
- pipeline priming & lead generation
- project and client-based opportunity assessment
- Align team goals with the sales strategy to drive innovation that meets commercial needs whilst exceeding consumer expectations
- Establish appropriate goals and measures for short- and long-term sales and overall growth in line ision and targets, and regularly evaluates results against these performance standards to ensure profitable growth.
- Forecast, monitor and evaluate sales performance of key accounts and self
Budgetary & People Responsibilities
Targeted sales to support growth of Global sales & gross margins.
Indirect leadership for the demand creation activity, and the achievement of the agreed KPIs and KAIs globally.
Qualifications and training
- Educated to graduate level or equivalent experience
- Ideally food or airline sector or equivalent experience or experience gained in a fast paced environment – with similar complexity of multi stakeholder and global distribution.
- Extensive knowledge of demand generation, direct and indirect sales activity, strategic selling and account management techniques
Knowledge and skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective team player
- Extremely well organised
- Ability to prioritise workload, multi task and work to deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- High attention to detail and accuracy skills, ability to gather and analyse information
- Experience of dealing with complex customer issues and demands.
- Proven ability to deploy strategic account management principles.
- Able to construct and deliver influential commercial presentations – strong negotiation and closing skills
Specific aptitudes / skills
- Strong IT skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- CRM – either Salesforce or MSD